What better way to kick off the New Year than with a vegan cleanse! Cleanse the body and mind and follow along on my 30-day whole foods, plant based diet. 50+ recipes for a month of vegan and gluten-free clean eating.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
I used to think New Year’s resolutions were a kind of silly. They never turned out too well for me. Within a few days of the new year, my goals were long forgotten and only the faint guilt of broken resolutions lingered. So for years, I ignored the ritual altogether.
More recently, however, I’ve started to see the whole new year’s resolutions thing in a new light. I look forward to the fresh start that is symbolized through the changing of calendar years. It’s a renewed chance to evaluate where I am and where I want to go, a chance to shed the unhealthy habits that have dragged me down and reach for the things that give me life. Now what once was an arbitrary calendar change from December 31 to January 1 has become the perfect time to hit the “refresh” button of life.
And so with a fresh view and an optimistic outlook, I’m kicking off this year with my annual 30-day vegan cleanse as both a physical and mental way to clean up and start fresh.
What is the 30 Day Cleanse?
The 30 Day Cleanse is a chance to clean out my system with a few clean eating guidelines. It means sticking to a whole food, plant based diet that is free of sugars, alcohol, and processed foods. In other words,
I don’t eat/drink:
- processed foods
- processed sugar
- high-carb/starchy foods
I do eat/drink:
- lots of water
- fruits & veggies
- lentils and beans
- nuts and seeds
- whole grains
Not only do I kick off every new year with a 30-Day Cleanse as a way to get back health after the holiday season, but I also ask YOU to join along. And this year I have TWO things to make healthy eating SO MUCH EASIER.
1. Clean Eating Vegan eBook
The 30 Day Cleanse eBook is filled with 30 of my favorite cleanse-approved recipes with everything from breakfast to dessert. It’s got wholesome, plant based, gluten free recipes that you and the whole family will love!
Get immediate access to download entirely for FREE when you join the My Darling Vegan Newsletter.
2. Clean Eating Vegan Groceries
For most of my non-perishable items, I shop at Thrive Market. Thrive Market is an online marketplace that is on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. Thrive Market has thousands of best-selling organic foods and natural products and they are priced 25-50% lower than traditional retail prices!
It’s like Costco meets Whole Foods meets Amazon!
And the best part? When shopping, you can filter your search to “vegan” or “gluten free” items only and you’ve got your own online clean eating grocery store!
Use my link and you’ll get and extra 25% off your order + a FREE 30-Day Trial to Thrive Market. (<<affiliate link)
Clean Eating Vegan Recipes
And that’s not all! This website has tons of cleanse approved recipes. Here are some fan favorites to get you started.
Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Breakfast is, without a doubt, the most important meal of the day. Getting food in your system within the first 30 minutes of waking up has a huge impact on your overall health and energy throughout the day.
Here are some of my favorite healthy breakfast recipes.
- Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Protein-Packed Chia Pudding
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Steel Cut Oats
Vegan Smoothie Recipes
Smoothies and shakes can often be a good mid-morning or mid-day snack between meals. They are rich in nutrients, vegetables, and calories to help keep you energized during the slow parts of the day.
Here are some of my favorite smoothie and smoothie bowl recipes.
- Mixed Berry Acai Bowl
- Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
- Raw Banana Cacao Smoothie
Vegan Salad Recipes
Having a refrigerator full of fresh produce is key to the success of your midday cleanse meals. I love to make big hearty salads with greens, roasted chickpeas, vegetables, seeds, and tahini garlic dressing.
Here are some of my favorite healthy salad recipes.
- Wild Rice Mason Jar Salads
- Pineapple Cashew Salad with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- Ultimate Detox Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Peas
- Vegan Taco Salad with Lentil Walnut Meat
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Lemon Tahini Kale Salad with Cheesy Chickpeas
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Vegan Soup Recipes
When I’m cleansing, I love to make big batches of healthy soup for quick grab-n-go lunches throughout the week. Soups are easy to make, healthy, wholesome, and perfect when you don’t have much time to prep lunch.
Here are some of my favorite vegan and gluten-free soup recipes.
- Creamy Carrot Fennel Soup
- Classic Miso Soup
- Red Lentil Curry
- Soy-Free Creamy Tomato Soup
- Chipotle Butternut Squash Chili
- 10-Minute Vegan Gazpacho
Vegan Snack Recipes
When you’re on a 30 day cleanse, healthy snacks are incredibly important to have on hand. I’ll make a batch of guacamole or a cheddar cheese ball and eat it with fruits and veggies when I start to get hungry.
Here are some of my favorite vegan snack recipes.
- Spring Rolls with Sweet Potato Noodles
- Bacon-Flavored Roasted Chickpeas
- Restaurant-Style Guacamole
- Smoky Jalapeno Cheddar Cashew Cheese
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Cauliflower Queso
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Vegan Dinner Recipes
There are so many dinner options, I could write a whole post for just dinner. From Buddha bowls to skillet enchiladas to portobello steaks, there is an endless option for dinner. You could be enjoying a different meal every night of the week.
Here are some of my favorite cleanse-approved dinner recipes.
- Mexican Style Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Skillet Enchiladas
- Eggplant and Chickpea Curry
- Mushroom Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
- 4-Ingredient Portobello Steaks
- Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Bowls
- Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Steaks
- Broccoli Pepper Stir Fry
- 30 Minute Black Beans and Rice
Vegan Dessert Recipes
You can even have dessert when your cleansing! That means vegan, (obviously) gluten, soy, and refined sugar-free desserts that you can enjoy on your 30-day cleanse! From ice cream to cake, there is a recipe for everyone!
Here are some of my favorite healthy vegan dessert recipes.
- Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Raw Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars
- Raw Carrot Cake
- Raw Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
- Raw Pecan Butter Cups
Vegan Starter Kit
Are you new to veganism? Make sure to check out the Vegan Starter Kit (<<affiliate link). There are a lot of great vegan resources out there, but if I had to choose one, it would be this amazing bundle.
This bundle includes:
- A 200-pages+ colorful guide covering reasons & benefits of veganism, nutritional needs, portions & calories, setting up your kitchen, working on your mindset, dealing with various obstacles, and other aspects of health beyond food
- Recipe e-book containing 40 meal ideas from breakfast to lunch, dinner, and dessert
- A full 14-day meal plan with 56 breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options, shopping lists as well as general meal planning & prepping tips
- Restaurant guide that helps you find delicious plant-based food in unlikely places
- FAQ e-book answering almost 50 common questions around this diet and lifestyle
- Cheat sheets and printables like shopping lists and a meal plan to have the most important tips at a glance and stay on track
And to make this a no brainer, you can claim a full refund of your money within 30 days after your purchase if you don’t like it for whatever reason.
Get your vegan journey started!
If you’re joining me on the 30 days cleanse, share your snacks and meals on Instagram. Tag #30daycleanse and #mydarlingvegan so that I can share your photos with the My Darling Vegan community.