What better way to kick of the New Year than with Veganuary – a cleansing of the body and mind? Follow along on my 30 day cleanse with these 65 recipes for a month of vegan and gluten-free clean eating.
It’s the return of the 30 day cleanse!
I used to think New Years resolutions were a kind of silly. They never turned out too well for me. Within a few days of the new year my goals were long forgotten and only the faint guilt of broken resolutions lingered. So for years I ignored the ritual all together.
More recently, however, I’ve started to see the whole new years resolutions thing in a new light. I look forward to the fresh start that is symbolized through the changing of calendar years. It’s a renewed chance to evaluate where I am and where I want to go, a chance to shed the unhealthy habits that have dragged me down and reach for the things that give me life. Now what once was an arbitrary calendar change from December 31 to January 1 has become the perfect time to hit the “refresh” button of life.
What is the 30 day cleanse?
It’s a chance to clean out my system with a few clean eating guidelines that I made up several years ago. More specifically, that means:
I don’t eat/drink:
- coffee (which I’ve given up long ago)
- processed foods
- processed sugar
I eat/drink limited:
- natural sugars
- starchy foods (potatoes, rice, corn)
And I do eat/drink:
- lots of water
- lentils and beans
- nuts and seeds
Additionally, in an effort to cleanse both my body and mind, I am committing to
- minimum of 5 minutes of meditation
- gratitude journaling
And I think you should join along! I’ve even got something to make it easier for you:
This FREE ebook can be yours when you join the My Darling Vegan Newsletter.
What’s the My Darling Vegan Newsletter?
Just a way to get weekly delicious vegan recipes straight into your inbox! So make sure to grab a copy of the ebook today. But before you go, check out these additional 65 clean eating vegan recipes for even more 30 Day Cleanse support.
To the 30 day vegan cleanse recipes!
Breakfast, is undoubtedly, the most important meal of the day. Getting food in your system within the first 30 minutes of waking up has a huge impact of your overall heath and energy throughout the day. During my 30 day cleanse, I like to start off with a light breakfast right when I wake up, like my protein-packed chia pudding, and then have a second, heartier breakfast mid morning.
Here are a few of my favorite healthy vegan breakfasts:
- Mixed Berry Acai Bowl
- Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Swiss Chard Chickpea Scramble
- Protein Packed Chia Pudding
- Matcha Chia Pudding
- Strawberry and Cream Overnight Oats
- Oatmeal Power Bowl
- Shiitake Mushroom and Kale Savory Oats
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Steal Cut Oats
Smoothies and shakes can often be a good mid morning or mid day snack between meals. They are rich in nutrients, vegetables, and calories to help keep you energized during the slow parts of the day. This 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Protein Shake (pictured above) is my go-to vegan cleanse smoothie. Packed with protein, incredible flavor, and made with just 3 ingredients!
Make sure to try it out as well as the rest of the vegan smoothies below:
- 3 Ingredient Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- Blueberry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
- Black Forest Smoothie
- Gut-Healing Ginger Mango Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie Bowl
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Chocolate Hazelnut Smoothie Bowl
- Raw Banana Cacao Smoothie
- Green Power Smoothie
- Peanut Hemp Protein Shake
- Vanilla Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
Having a refrigerator full of fresh produce is key to the success of your midday cleanse meals. I love to make big hearty salads with greens, roasted chickpeas, vegetables, seeds, and tahini garlic dressing. When I have a stocked fridge, my 30 day cleanses are much easier to accomplish.
A few of my favorite cleanse-approved vegan lunches:
- Zucchini Noodles with Pesto and Cherry Tomatoes
- Wild Rice Mason Jar Salads
- Pineapple Cashew Salad with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
- Chickpea Greek Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Peas
- Vegan Taco Salad with Lentil Walnut Meat
- Southwest Quinoa Salad
- Asian Vermicelli Noodle Salad
- Lemon Tahini Kale Salad with Cheesy Chickpeas
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
When you’re on a 30 day cleanse, healthy snacks are incredibly important to have on hand. I’ll make a batch of guacamole or a cheddar cheese ball and eat it with fruits and veggies when I start to get hungry. These Mushroom Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps are also easy to keep on hand. Keep the filling and lettuce separate until ready to snack. Filling will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Here are a few of my other favorite Veganuary snacks.
- Mushroom Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
- Spring Rolls with Sweet Potato Noodles
- Bacon-Flavored Roasted Chickpeas
- Restaurant-Style Guacamole
- Smoky Jalapeno Cheddar Cashew Cheese
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Cauliflower Queso
- Spicy Chipotle Hummus
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- German Chocolate Protein Bar
- Peanut Maple Protein Bars
There are so many dinner options, I could write a whole post for just dinner. Most of them can be found here. From Buddha bowls, to skillet enchiladas, to portobello steaks, there is an endless option for dinner. You could be enjoying a different meal every night of the week.
Here are a few of my go-to dinner recipes during my 30 day cleanse.
- Mexican Style Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Skillet Enchiladas
- Eggplant and Chickpea Curry
- Mushroom Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles
- Deconstructed Burrito Bowls
- 4-Ingredient Portobello Steaks
- Deconstructed Burrito Bowls
- Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Roasted Cauliflower Quinoa Bowls
- Vegan Sushi Bowl
- Cuban Bowl with Plantain Fries
- 30 Minute Black Beans and Rice
You can even have dessert when your cleansing! I have a whole section on my blog dedicated to raw desserts. That means vegan, (obviously) gluten, soy, and refined sugar free desserts that you can enjoy on your 30 day cleanse! One of my go-to cleanse desserts is chocolate chia pudding. It’s incredibly easy to make for a deeply satisfying chocolate treat.
Here are a few more of my favorite clean eating vegan dessert recipes.
- Raw Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Raw Hazelnut Cheesecake Bars
- Cacao and Goji Berry Power Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
- Raw Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Raw Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Cream Pie
- Mango Panna Cotta
- Raw Pecan Butter Cups
What is Veganuary, anyway?
So, I’ve mentioned Veganuary a few times in this article because I wanted to get you asking, “what is veganuary?!” Veganuary is a movement that asks people to make a month-long commitment to veganism as a way to responsibly live on this earth and compassionately treat the animals with whom we share it. If you know people who are vegan-curious but are scared to make the leap, maybe Veganuary is the perfect opportunity to get the enthusiastic and excited about vegan eating.
What better way to kick of the year with some compassion and clean eating?
If you’re joining me on the 30 days cleanse, share you snacks and meals on Instagram. Tag #30daycleanse and #mydarlingvegan so that I can share your photos with the My Darling Vegan community. And don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of Clean Eating Vegan!
Happy clean eating!
Written by My Darling Vegan