The BEST vegan Thanksgiving recipes – a roundup of 100 Thanksgiving recipes to serve at your next holiday meal. From appetizers to desserts, you’ll find exactly what you need right here. 100% plant-based!
This post was originally published on 11/8/2016.
Happy November, friends!
With so much to be thankful for I want to honor this holiday the best way I know how: with food! Lots and lots of it.
I’ve rounded up 100 vegan Thanksgiving recipes to help you serve the most incredible plant-based holiday meal. I’ve broken down the round-up into 10 categories: Appetizers, Salads, Soups, Condiments, Bread, Vegetables, Stuffing, Potatoes & Yams, Main Dishes, and Desserts.
With recipes from my favorite bloggers, I am certain you’ll find everything you need to create the perfect plant-based holiday meal.
Vegan Thanksgiving Appetizers
Any good Thanksgiving meal should start with appetizers. When I think about Thanksgiving appetizers, I think about decadent dips and spreads, plant-based cheeses, and olive plates. Celebrate the harvest with these simple starters.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving appetizers.
- Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip [My Darling Vegan]
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cheese Ball [My Darling Vegan]
- Pumpkin Hummus [Yummy Mummy Kitchen]
- Spinach Dip [No Recipes]
- Cranberry & Thyme Vegan Cheese Ball [It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken]
- Vegan Deviled Eggs [Fork Over Knives]
- Artichoke Olive Tapenade [Keepin’ It Kind]
- Butternut Tots with Spicy Maple Mustard [Connoisseurus Veg]
- Crab Cakes with Horseradish Dill Tartar Sauce [Hot for Food]
- Russian Mushroom Caviar [Happy Kitchen Rocks]
Vegan Thanksgiving Salads
Thanksgiving is all about harvest and harvest starts with salad! Make sure to get your fresh greens this holiday season with spinach salads and kale salads topped with seasonal fruits and veggies, a variety of nuts, and the perfect homemade salad dressing.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving salads.
- Fig Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette [My Darling Vegan]
- Massaged Kale and Pomegranate Salad [My Darling Vegan]
- Spinach Salad with Curried Apples [My Darling Vegan]
- Delicata, Brussel Sprouts, & Hazelnut Salad [Dishing Up the Dirt]
- Creamy Cashew and Roasted Beet Salad [Peaceful Dumpling]
- Cranberry Orange Quinoa Salad [Family Spice]
- Harvest Quinoa Salad [Recipe Runner]
- Warm Brussel Sprouts and Kale Salad [Heartbeet Kitchen]
- Wild Rice Salad with Cranberries, Apricots, & Avocado [Healthy Seasonal Recipes]
- Fall Harvest Salad with Pumpkin Goddess Dressing [My Recipe Magic]
Vegan Thanksgiving Soups
When it comes to your Thanksgiving meal, you can’t forget about the soup! Soups are a great way to celebrate the harvest by adding a ton of vegetables. Purées, chilis, and bean soups all make great accompaniments to your Thanksgiving feast.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving soups.
- Carrot Fennel Soup [My Darling Vegan]
- Creamy Tomato Soup [My Darling Vegan]
- Curried Pumpkin Soup [My Darling Vegan]
- Pumpkin and Smoky Tempeh Chili [My Darling Vegan]
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup [My Darling Vegan]
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup [A Brand New Vegan]
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Tofu Bacon [My Darling Vegan]
- Carrot Autumn Squash Soup [The Glowing Fridge]
- Acorn Squash, Kale, & Barley Soup [Veganosity]
- Maple Bourbon Sweet Potato Chili [My Darling Vegan]
- Fall Harvest Soup [B.Britnell]
- Roasted Garlic, Parsnip, and White Bean Soup [Yummy Beet]
Vegan Thanksgiving Condiments
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving condiments.
- Cinnamon Orange Cranberry Sauce [My Darling Vegan]
- Portobello Mushroom Gravy [My Darling Vegan]
- Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette [The Cafe Sucre Farine]
- Maple Pumpkin Butter [Pancake Warriors]
- Maple Balsamic Dressing [Green Healthy Cooking]
- Red Wine Gravy [A Virtual Vegan]
- Mushroom Cashew Paté [Nora’s Ingenious Cooking]
- Orange Amaretto Cranberry Sauce [The Farm Girl Gabs]
- Kale Pesto [Pinch of Yum]
- Caramelized & Roasted Eggplant Hummus [With Food + Love]
Vegan Thanksgiving Breads
Perhaps the best part of any holiday meal is the bread! Warm homemade rolls, buttery biscuits, pumpkin muffins…so good! And of course, any complete table must have a loaf of sweet and gooey monkey bread.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving breads.
- Sage and Garlic Cream Biscuits [My Darling Vegan]
- Rosemary Drop Biscuits with Mushroom Gravy [One Ingredient Chef]
- Pumpkin Biscuits with Sage & Thyme [Vegan Richa]
- Petite Jalapeno Cornbread Loaves [Vegan Miam]
- Fluffy Pull-Apart Rolls [Holy Cow!]
- Perfect Pumpkin Muffins [My Darling Vegan]
- Rosemary Vegan Flatbread [Nutritionicity]
- Ultimate Croissants [Seitan is my Motor]
- Sweet Potato Buns [Two Green Peas]
- Easy Dinner Rolls [Minimalist Baker]
Vegan Thanksgiving Stuffings & Dressings
Who doesn’t love stuffing? Bread tossed with nuts, vegetables, and spices and baked together in perfect harmony. And the best part, these stuffing recipes are cooked without a turkey! Just fresh wholesome ingredients straight from the oven.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving stuffing and dressing recipes.
- Classic Vegan Stuffing with Apples & Hazelnuts [My Darling Vegan]
- Cranberry Apple Freekeh Stuffing [The Mediterranean Dish]
- Stuffing Muffins with Mashed Potatoes [The Colorful Kitchen]
- Wild Rice & Mushroom Stuffing [The Detoxinista]
- Apple Cranberry Gluten-Free Stuffing [Veggie Primer]
- Southern-Style Cornbread Dressing [Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen]
- Stuffing Cakes [The Blooming Platter]
- Classic Vegan Stuffing [It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken]
Vegan Thanksgiving Vegetables
Harvest is all about the vegetables! Make sure to get your greens this holiday season with a variety of seasonal vegetables. Fill your table with Brussels sprouts, green beans, and roasted carrots. Learn how to roast any vegetable to add to your table this year.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving vegetable sides.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
- Balsamic Brussel Sprouts [My Darling Vegan]
- Creamed Spinach [The Pretty Bee]
- Green Bean Casserole [My Darling Vegan]
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower with Black Lentils [The Awesome Green]
- Garlic & Herb Roasted Carrots [Jo Cooks]
- Herb Roasted Root Vegetables [Eat Spin Run Repeat]
- Roasted Garlic Herb Mushroom Medley [Cake’s Cottage]
- Roasted Broccoli with Tahini Sauce [NYTimes Cooking]
- Green Beans with Caramelized Onions & Walnuts [My Recipes]
- Balsamic Dijon Roasted Root Vegetables [The Creative Bite]
- Autumn Roasted Veggies with Apples and Pecans [Cooking Classy]
Vegan Thanksgiving Potatoes & Yams
My favorite part of any holiday meal is the potatoes. And there are so many ways to serve them. Sweet potato casserole, classic mashed potatoes, or for a low carb option, mashed cauliflower “potatoes”. Wanna try something really impressive? Check out these Maple Pecan Hasselback Sweet Potatoes!
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving potato recipes.
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes [My Darling Vegan]
- Classic Sweet Potato Casserole [My Darling Vegan]
- Cheesy Mashed Potatoes [My Darling Vegan]
- Hassleback Sweet Potatoes [My Darling Vegan]
- Bruleed Sweet Potatoes [Connoisseurus Veg]
- Sweet Potato Hash [My Darling Vegan]
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Candied Walnuts [The Fussy Fork]
- Rosemary & Garlic Roasted Potatoes [Epicurious]
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Avocado Aioli [Oh She Glows]
- Smashed Red Potatoes & Leeks [Oh My Veggies]
- Maple Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes [Fried Dandelions]
Vegan Thanksgiving Main Dishes
Now it’s time to chose our main dish! Once you skip the turkey, you’ll realize you don’t even miss it! Fill up on plant-based entrées instead. From lentil loaf to portobello steaks to stuffed acorn squash, there are endless vegan entrée options.
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving entrées.
- Mushroom and Lentil Loaf [My Darling Vegan]
- Pomegranate Balsamic Portobello Steaks [My Darling Vegan]
- Portobello Instant Pot Pot Roast [My Darling Vegan]
- Wild Rice & Pecan Stuffed Acorn Squash [My Darling Vegan]
- Pumpkin Stuffed Shells [My Darling Vegan]
- Sweet & Tangy Cranberry Tofu [That Was Vegan?]
- Vegan Roast Wellington [Ordinary Vegan]
- Vegan Meatloaf [The Raw & The Cooked]
- Hearty Vegetable Pot Pie [VegKitchen]
- Maple Hazelnut Crusted Tempeh [Keepin’ It Kind]
- Thanksgiving Stuffed Squash [Adventures in Vegan Cooking]
- Classic Vegan Pot Pie [My Darling Vegan]
Vegan Thanksgiving Desserts
Here are a few of my favorite Thanksgiving desserts.
- Classic Pumpkin Cheesecake [My Darling Vegan]
- Classic Pumpkin Pie [My Darling Vegan]
- Vegan Caramel Apple Cobbler [My Darling Vegan]
- Raw Pecan Tartlets [My Darling Vegan]
- Caramel Pumpkin Pie Mousse [Dessert with Benefits]
- Orange Chocolate Hazelnut Torte [Rawmazing]
- Classic Pumpkin Pie [Plant Powered Kitchen]
- Chocolate Beet Bundt Cake [My Darling Vegan]
- Apple Cinnamon Pie [Veganosity]
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars [Happy Healthy Mama]
Where do I get my holiday groceries?
This time of year is crazy and when it comes to holiday shopping, I like to avoid crowds. This is why I like to do all my holiday shopping (for non-perishables) at Thrive Market (<<affiliate link).
Thrive Market is an entirely zero waste company so you don’t have to feel bad about stocking up on your holiday essentials. Thrive Market sells all organic, non-GMO products at 25-50% off retail price Better yet? With every member who joins Thrive Market, they sponsor a free membership to a low income family, public school teacher, military veteran, or first responder. Save money and do good! Now that’s some holiday cheer.
When shopping, you can filter your search to “vegan” items only and you’ve got your own online vegan grocery store. Thrive Market has saved me a ton of money and time and I HIGHLY recommend checking it out.
Use my link and choose a FREE gift (up to $24 in value)with your order + a FREE 30-day trial to Thrive Market. (<<affiliate link)
There you have it! Make sure to check out my Thanksgiving menu + shopping list and scheduler as well!
Written by Sarah McMinn