Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Curry Apple Spinach Salad is the perfect fall salad. It is a mixture of spinach and arugula tossed with apples, pecans, and curry vinaigrette dressing.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.
I love October.
I love the weather, the festivities, baseball’s postseason, short days and long nights, and most of all, I love the food. Pumpkins, figs, maple, pecans, apples – all the best foods that can be combined in infinite ways to make something new and exciting every day. And this Curry Apple Spinach Salad, a sweet, spicy, tart, and earthy side dish has it all. Easy to make and incredibly versatile, I’m pretty sure if you give it a try you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Recommended Ingredients and Equipment
Not only is this salad packed with nutrient-dense foods that will leave you feeling great, but this salad is also SUPER EASY to make. It can be made in just about 20 minutes for a wholesome and hearty midday meal.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Fresh Spinach – You could also make this salad with massaged kale or mixed greens
- Fresh Arugula
- Pecans – Feel free to swap these out for another nut such as hazelnuts, pine nuts, or walnuts. Or omit them altogether.
- Apples – I highly recommend a tart apple like Granny Smith but if you have apples to use, feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Red Onion – This can be omitted if you don’t like raw onions.
- Curry Vinaigrette – This is a combination of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. To save on time, feel free to use store-bought vinaigrette.
Check out the full list of my recommended kitchen tools and gadgets.
How to Make the Curry Apple Salad
Step One – Toast the Pecans
Pecans toast up pretty quickly, so roast them at a lower temperature than most nuts (around 350 degrees) and make sure to check them often to prevent burning. One they are fragrant and dark brown, remove them from the oven and let them cool before tossing them in with the salad.
Step Two – Make the Curry Vinaigrette
To make the dressing, blend together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and curry powder. You can use a small blender or just shake up the ingredients in a sealed Mason jar.
It’s a sweet and spicy vinaigrette that complements the flavors of this salad perfectly
Step Three – Toss it all Together
Once the pecans and dressing are ready, thinly slice the apples and onions. Toss it all together with the spinach and arugula and serve!
Serving and Storing
Storing – Store the leftover salad in the refrigerator for up to 1 day. Store salad dressing separating for up to 1 week.
More Fall Salad Recipes
- Kale Pomegranate Salad with Tofu Feta
- Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- Warm Kale Salad with Curried Tofu
- Spinach Fig Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Apple Spinach Salad
APPLE SPINACH SALAD
- 2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 large granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly slice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the pecans in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until lightly toasted and fragrant, checking often. Set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, arugula, pecans, apples, and onions.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the Curry Vinaigrette, toss with salad, and serve immediately.