Zucchinis are the perfect vegetable -filled with nutrients, versatile, and oh so prolific. With so many delicious vegan zucchini recipes to make, let’s celebrate! From breakfast to dessert, you can eat zucchini all day long.
This post was originally published on May 11, 2018. Last updated on July 31, 2020.
There once was a time that I didn’t love zucchini. I didn’t even like warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven zucchini bread!
I know, I know. It’s absolutely crazy.
But I thought the vegetable was soft and slimy and without flavor and altogether gross.
Turns out, I just wasn’t cooking it right! Once I started seeing all the vegan zucchini recipes out there, I realized that I was just doing zucchini wrong.
For the past several years, I’ve been making up for that by planting lots of this magical green vegetable in my garden and finding new and inventive ways to use it up all summer long. If you want to enjoy zucchini all summer with me, I’ve got a handful of suggestions and then a whole lotta recipe.
Tips and Tricks
- Get yourself a spiralizer! (<<affiliate link) These are the most incredible kitchen gadget. They are affordable and so convenient to use. With a spiralizer, you can turn zucchinis into low-carb, gluten-free noodles that are delicious in salads, pasta, and more.
- I also recommend a mandoline. (<<affiliate link) With a mandoline, you can slice zucchinis into super thin lasagna or ravioli noodles. Since making my first zucchini noodle lasagna last year, my mandoline has become a go-to kitchen tool.
- Try baking with zucchini. Zucchini gives baked goods delicious moisture without affecting the taste. I’ve been baking cakes, muffins, and bread for years with great results. Use up your zucchini and get great added health benefits with your sweet treats!
- Grill it! I love grilling sliced zucchini along with my portobello steaks and veggie burgers. Brush a little oil on it and place it on the hot grill for a delicious and simple zucchini side dish.
15 Vegan Zucchini Recipes
More Vegetable Roundups
Vegetables are amazing. They are versatile, delicious, and good for you! Do you need help with some of them? Here are a few of my other popular vegetable round-up articles.
- PERFECT Sweet Potato Recipes
- AMAZING Eggplant Recipes
- SAVORY Pumpkin Recipes
- 11 of the BEST Cauliflower Recipes
That’s it! 15 DELICIOUS ways to use zucchini. What is your favorite way to eat zucchini? Tell me in the comments below.
Written by Sarah McMinn