There is nothing quite like a warm and comforting bowl of vegan soup. You are going to LOVE these 50 vegan soup recipes. Taken from around the internet, this is the most delicious and cozy soup recipe roundup ever! Let’s get cooking.
This post was originally published on 9/22/2016. Last updated on 11/01/2019
With October over, we head into the winter months. As we begin to hibernate into the coziness of our homes, I’m getting this winter started by warming up my kitchens with steaming pots of vegan soup.
Winter is not my favorite, but what I DO love about this time of year are the endless soups, stews, and chilis. The options and variations of a warm pot of soup are endless, making soup a comfort food that never gets old.
Because most soup is a one-pot meal, you don’t need much to make perfectly delicious vegan soups. Puréed soups usually require an immersion blender. Other than that, a chef’s knife and basic kitchen utensils will do.
And then, of course, you need an awesome soup pot.
I love my Dutch Oven for soups. Made from cast iron, they are perfect for slow cooking and simmering soups and stews. My Dutch Oven is one of the most useful and versatile kitchen tools I have and although it’s a bit pricey, you will use it over and over again (for soups, stews, sides, bread, and even desserts!) and it will last you a lifetime. (<<affilite links)
Vegan Noodle Soup
I love love love noodle soups. Whether they are Italian-inspired or Asian-inspired, pasta, rice, vermicelli, and soba noodles are all welcome in my soup pot! Noodles provide substance and weight to vegan soups making them a filling and delicious any-time-of-day meal. And with so many options, you never get bored.
Here are some of my favorite vegan noodle soup recipes:
- Vegetable Noodle Soup with Chickpeas
- Easy Vegan Pho
- Italian Minestrone Soup
- Miso Noodle Soup
- Easy Vegan Ramen [Minimalist Baker]
- Thai Soba Noodle Bowl [Sprouted Kitchen]
- Hot and Sour Noodle Soup [Vegan Miam]
Curries and Curry Soup
If you know me at all, then you know my favorite food is curry. Oh, I love the blend of spices, the rich creaminess, and the hearty vegetables and proteins mixed in with curry flavors. Curries can be served on their own or with bread, rice, or noodles. The options are endless.
It was hard to narrow down, but here are some of my favorite:
- Thai Curry Noodle Soup with Eggplant
- Pumpkin Peanut Curry
- Red Thai Curry with Tofu
- Thai Green Curry Soup
- Red Lentil Cauliflower
- Sweet Potato and Kale Curry
- Mango Curry with Tofu [Vegan Richa]
- Curried Chana Dal Soup [Cupcakes and Kale]
Vegan Chili Recipes
Ah, vegan chili. It was the first meal I learned to make from scratch and so it has a special place in my heart. Chilis are a combination of spices, tomatoes, beans, and vegetables. But don’t be fooled – there are so many variations on vegan chili. Pumpkin, tempeh, sweet potato, coffee, and chocolate are a few of my favorite chili-add ins.
Here are some of my go-to chili recipes:
- Vegan Smoky Pumpkin Chili
- Best-Ever Vegan Chili
- Maple Bourbon Instant Pot Chili
- Chipotle Chili con Tempeh [Keepin’ It Kind]
- Chili Gumbo [Oh, Ladycakes]
- Espresso Chili [Foodie Fiasco]
Vegan Stews and Chowders
Stews and chowders are not the same kinds of soup but they are both hearty soups with vegetables and protein and creamy gravy. I love both stews and chowders on cold winter days. They are the perfect slow cooker meal. They are also great in the Instant Pot. (<<affiliate link) Either way, they are the kind of soup you can prepare and forget about while it stews.
My favorite stews and chowders are:
- Vegan Corn Chowder
- Classic Vegan Borscht
- Instant Pot Portobello Pot Roast
- Vegan “Clam” Chowder [Fork & Beans]
- Wild Leek and Potato Soup [A Dash of Compassion]
- West African Peanut Stew [Minimalist Baker]
Lentil and Pea Soups
I love a good lentil or split-pea soup. They are warm and comforting all winter long. You can make lentil soup out of green, brown, or red lentils. Each has wildly different flavors and textures for a different soup every time.
Here are some of my favorite lentil soup recipes:
- Egyptian Red Curry Lentil Soup
- Classic French Lentil Soup
- Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Ethiopian Red Lentil Soup [Fat-Free Vegan Kitchen]
- Turkish Red Lentil Soup [Vegelicacy]
- Vegan Split Pea Soup [Healthier Steps]
- Coconut Lentil Soup [Bon Appetit]
Vegetable Puréed Soups
I love a good vegetable puréed soup. These soups are rich, creamy, and filled to the brim with vegetables. Classic cream soups use heavy creamer or half & half. Vegan cream soups are more creative! They get their creaminess from creamy vegetables (I’m looking at you, cauliflower), non-dairy milk, coconut milk, and cashew cream.
Here are a few of my tried-and-true favorite vegan cream soups:
- Classic Cream Tomato Soup with Homemade Croutons
- Curried Pumpkin and Carrot Bisque
- Cream of Asparagus Soup with Caramelized Onions
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Tofu Bacon
- Roasted Fennel, Orange, and Carrot Soup
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Ultimate Creamy Winter Squash Soup [Veggies Don’t Bite]
- Spicy Cream of Corn Soup [Cotter Crunch]
- Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup [Vanilla and Bean]
- Parsnip and Apple Soup [Yum Universe]
Classic Vegan Soups
These classic vegan soups are the ones you have grown to love that are now veganized. A few other soups that are in other categories that should also be mentioned are Creamy Tomato Soup, Classic Corn Chowder, and Italian Minestrone Soup.
I believe you will also love:
- Jackfruit Tortilla Soup
- French Onion Soup [Fried Dandelions]
- Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup [Namely Marly]
- Loaded Enchilada Soup [Vegan Yack Attack]
- Mushroom Barley Soup [The Post Punk Kitchen]
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup [Vegan Huggs]
There you have it. 50 INCREDIBLE vegan soups. What’s your favorite soup recipe?
Written by Sarah McMinn