11 of the best vegan donuts you've ever seen! With chocolate, citrus, and the flavors of maple and cinnamon, these donut recipes will have you covered year-round! All vegan and easily gluten free adaptable.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
You know how much I love vegan donuts, right?
It just doesn't get much better than a warm soft pastry with a sweet, melt-in-your-mouth glaze. And, for all you fellow donut lovers out there, the good news is that vegan donuts are not hard to make! We already know that replacing eggs is no problem so it's just a matter of having the right equipment and some awesome recipes.
Most importantly, you will need a couple of donut pans. With a donuts pan you can make all the baked donuts you want this fall.
It's also nice to have is a good piping bag. When baking donuts (rather than frying) the batter is soft like cake and will need to be piped in the donut pans. You can get reusable piping bags or one-use plastic bags. Either way, they are super cheap and nice to have on hand.
Check out the full list of my recommended kitchen tools and gadgets.
Tips And Tricks
- Generously spray the donut pan before piping in the batter to ensure the donuts do not stick to the pan.
- The most accurate way to measure flour is to spoon it into your measuring cup, leveling it off with the back of a knife.
- Take care not to overmix the batter. Overmixed batter becomes tough and gummy.
- Don’t skip the piping bag – You may be tempted to try to spoon the donut batter into the donut pan, but this will create more of a headache for you. You’ll likely end up with uneven donuts, a mess, or both. It is so much easier to take the time to fill the piping bag and then pipe the donut into the grooved donut pan.
- Let the donuts rest in the pan for 10 minutes before flipping them onto a wire cooling rack. Let donuts cool completely before dipping them in the glaze to prevent the glaze from melting.
Serving And Storing
Storing – Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. To do so, allow the donuts to cool completely. Place them in a sealable container and close the lid securely. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, pull them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
For sure! For gluten-free donuts, I recommend using a 1:1 baking blend .
Yes! I have made several of these recipes into muffins. I prefer using a mini-muffin pan for these as they do tend to be a bit sweeter than muffins. (<<affiliate link)
Sure. If you would like to make any of these recipes oil-free, simply swap out the oil for additional applesauce at a 1:1 ratio
Vegan Donut Recipes
Here are 11 of my favorite vegan donut recipes.
From classics like Apple Cider Donuts to new favorites like Double Chocolate Pistachio, these recipes will impress vegans and omnivores alike.
Fluffy and tasty, these Toasted Coconut Baked Donuts are topped with a Mango and Salted Caramel Glaze and are a perfect healthier dessert option! Vegan & Gluten-Free.
Vegan Gluten Free Baked Chocolate Doughnuts that are soft, fluffy, and sweet. The crackly sugary glaze makes them extra perfect…so perfect, you’ll want to make them over and over again!
Light, fluffy, and incredibly moist, these Orange Olive Oil Baked Donuts are a real taste sensation. The pungent, fruity oil balances perfectly with the orange & the sticky glaze finishes them off perfectly!
A lighter take on a classic, these Vegan Powdered Donuts are baked to golden perfection and frosted with fluffy sugary goodness.
These vegan donuts with chocolate glaze and hazelnuts are pure decadence! But they are baked, therefore, super fluffy and oil-free! Have some of these goodies!
These Baked Vegan Lemon Donuts are like a soft and fluffy lemon drop that melts in your mouth and makes you feel warm and cozy! Topped with a sweet and zesty lemon glaze, these incredible donuts just scream spring!
More Vegan Recipe Round-ups
- 9 Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes
- 11 Refreshing Strawberry Recipes
- 11 Easy Vegan Pasta Recipes
- 31 Summer BBQ Recipes
- 20 of the Best Vegan Cookie Recipes
Written by Sarah McMinn