Packed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, these vegan Baked Apple Cider Donuts are a perfect way to welcome in the fall. Made in just 25 minutes for a delicious treat.
It’s Apple Cider Donut time!
Have I mentioned how much I love fall?
With the kids finishing the first month of school, temperatures beginning to drop, and the days getting noticeably shorter, I couldn’t be more excited. Fall is both a wonderfully nostalgic time for me, as I reflect on past years and old family traditions, while simultaneously representing new beginnings and fresh starts. There is a world of potential ahead of us!
So, for the next few months, you will find me over here in pure bliss.
But before I get too lost in the glory of it all, where we we?
Oh right, Apple Cider Donuts!
These Apple Cider Donuts are actually one of my very first recipes I made for My Darling Vegan. Way back in 2013, when my life looked drastically different, I first whipped up a batch. Despite the inconsistency of life, these donuts have been a constant. And you guys have loved them, too!
So I figured it was time to give them a little make over.
First off, if you don’t have a donut pan, I highly recommend you get one!
This is the one I use.
I love my dont pan because it is:
Totally affordable. Just $13.50 for 2 on Amazon.
And, more importantly, a kitchen tool I use ALL THE TIME. With a donut pan you can make all the baked donuts you want this fall, such as:
- Vegan Maple Bacon Donuts
- Orange Poppy Seed Donuts with Chocolate Ganache
- Double Chocolate Pistachio Donuts
- Cinnamon Spice Donuts
- And, of course, these Apple Cider Donuts
So grab one today. I don’t want you missing out on donut season!
How to make Apple Cider Donuts:
These apple cider donuts are so straight-forward it’s nearly impossible to get them wrong. The process is simple.
- Mix your dry ingredients together
- Next, in a separate bowl, combine your wet ingredients
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until just combined. You don’t want to over mix or your doughnut will become tough rather than tender.
- Pipe your batter into your prepared donut pan. The batter will be soft, so a piping bag is the best option here. If you don’t have one, you can make a makeshift piping bag by pouring your batter into a ziplock bag, cutting of the tip, and piping from there.
- Finally, bake the donuts! While the donuts bake, prepare your apple cider glaze and cinnamon sugar topping. Once the donuts are ready, pull them out of the oven and flip them onto a wire cooling rack. Let cool 10 minutes before dipping them into your glaze and sprinkling them with cinnamon sugar. This cooling time is necessary otherwise the donuts might crumble and the glaze will definitely melt off.
Wasn’t that easy?
Not only are these Apple Cider Donuts nearly fail-proof. They are also delicious, tender, and incredibly quick to throw together.
They can be made in just about 20 minutes for a soft and tender donut that is filled with apple and cinnamon flavors, making it the perfect treat to start off this fall.
So, let’s get baking!
Packed with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice, these vegan Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts are a perfect way to welcome in the fall. Made in just 20 minutes for the perfect autumnal treat.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a donut pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. In a separate bowl whisk together maple syrup, apple cider, apple sauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into the prepared donut pan, filling each mold about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until donuts springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes before transferring doughnuts onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and apple cider in a small shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine ingredients for cinnamon sugar topping.
- Once doughnuts have cooled, dip the tops of each doughnut into the glaze. Immediately sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Let glaze harden and enjoy!
If you give these donuts a try, let us know what you think in the comments below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram. Make sure to tag @mydarlingvegan so I can see your creations!