Strawberry season is upon us! Let’s celebrate with these 11 Refreshing Vegan Strawberry Recipes. Everything from Classic French Toast Breakfast to Strawberry Shortcake Dessert, there is a recipe for everyone.
There are many things I love about living in the Pacific Northwest. For example, in under 2 hours, you can get to the mountains, the oceans, the dessert (okay, that’s more like 3 hours), and endless waterfalls. It is always lusciously green and, because of that, we have some of the most beautiful gardens.
Then, of course, there are the strawberries. Oregon strawberries are among the best, and when the strawberry season begins, I am eagerly out in the fields, filling my basket.
Because we only get fresh Oregon strawberries for about 3 weeks out of the year, I aim to pick as many as possible. Then, when I get home from an epic picking session, I start to preserve.
What do I make with my strawberries? Strawberry salsa, canned pie filling, and, of course, homemade strawberry jam. That means freshness all year round!
Tips on Preserving Strawberries
There are a variety of ways you can preserve your strawberries. Here are a few that I recommend.
- Canning: With a canner, you can make strawberry pie filling, strawberry jams and jellies, compote, and much more!
- Freezing: To freeze strawberries, you mush first wash and pat the berries dry. Destem them and slice them into small pieces. Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet and let them freeze all the way through before transferring them to freezer bags. Frozen strawberries are great in oatmeal, baked goods, and smoothies.
- Dehydrating: To dehydrate strawberries, follow the cleaning steps outlined above. One they are cleaned and dry, place them in single layers on your dehydrator and dehydrate until the moisture has been pulled out, about 8 hours. Store the dehydrated strawberries in an airtight container in a cool dark place.
- Baking: You can also use your strawberries in baked goods that you can later freeze. I often make a batch of Strawberry Muffins and stick them in my chest freezer to be enjoyed in the months to come.
Vegan Strawberry Recipes
Now let’s take a look at 11 of my favorite vegan strawberry recipes on My Darling Vegan. You’ll find recipes for breakfast to dessert and everything in between.
More Seasonal Recipe Roundups
Do you have more vegetables growing in your garden? Make sure to check out these vegetable roundups as well:
- 11 AMAZING Eggplant Recipes
- 11 SAVORY Pumpkin Recipes
- 15 INCREDIBLE Zucchini Recipes
- 11 of the BEST Cauliflower Recipes
That’s it! 11 DELICIOUS ways to use strawberries. What is your favorite strawberry recipe? Tell me in the comments below.
Written by Sarah McMinn