Make your salsa at home with this easy homemade salsa recipe. Made with just 8 ingredients and in under 5 minutes, you’ll never need to buy your salsa at the store again.
Hey there, friends!
Today I’ve got a new recipe for you all. One that I can’t believe has taken me 6 years to put on the blog.
Ready for it?
Easy Homemade Salsa.
After 6 years of blogging, why don’t I have a classic restaurant-style salsa recipe on the blog?!
Because I typically get my salsa at the store.
It’s crazy, I know. Why would I BUY my salsa when
a) it’s less convenient
b) it’s more expensive and
c) it’s less versatile
Because sometimes, my friends, after days of blogging while juggling single parenting, home owning, and an Airbnb business, I just want things to be easier.
But in truth, I believe I should be making my salsa at home. Why?
- All right, it is actually incredibly easy to make salsa at home. All the ingredients – all 8 of them (which you probably already have on hand) – get tossed together in a food processor or blender (your choice!) and blended up for less than 2 minutes. No mess, no fuss! And that is quicker than taking a trip to the store, don’t you think?
- This easy homemade salsa is so much cheaper than store bought. The recipe costs me about 3 dollars and it makes over 3 cups of fresh delicious salsa! That’s at least 3x cheaper than what I can find at my local grocery store making it an ideal way to provide salsa all summer long.
- This recipe is so versatile. Like it spicy? Add another jalapeño. Want more zest? Add more lime juice. You can adjust the garlic, cilantro, spices, and salt as you please and with such simple ingredients, it becomes your masterpiece as you adjust the flavors.
Homemade Salsa has never been better.
The lesson I continue to learn time and time again, homemade is almost always better. So whip up this easy homemade salsa. With just 8 ingredients and less than 5 minutes of prep, I don’t know why you wouldn’t make it at home.
Happy salsa-ing, friends!
Make your salsa at home with this easy homemade salsa recipe. Made with just 8 ingredients and in under 5 minutes, you'll never need to buy your salsa at the store again.
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/2 cup red or white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Taste to adjust seasonings.
Serve with your favorite chips or store in an airtight container until ready to use. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
This post contains affiliate links.