- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/2 cup red or white onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Serve and Storing - Store this salsa as part of your game day spread, with vegan nachos, quesadillas, or as a simple snack with corn chips. Store leftover salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Make in Advance - This spicy salsa recipe will get better 24-48 hours after it's made. Allowing the salsa to cool down and let the flavors marinate into one another gives you a deeper tasting salsa that you are going to love. You can make this salsa up to 3 days in advance without compromising on taste and texture.
- For spicy salsa, store the salsa with half a jalapeño pepper. As it sits, the flavors will absorb into the salsa for a delightfully hot and spicy salsa recipe.
- If it's the height of the tomato season, feel free to use fresh tomatoes. You will need about 2 pounds of fresh tomatoes.
Calories: 13kcal | Sodium: 291mg | Potassium: 5mg | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 0.1mg