Enjoy these Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps made with Mission® Gluten Free Tortillas – a plant-based meal that everyone will love. Made with oven-roasted cauliflower covered in homemade Buffalo Sauce combined with a romaine and avocado salad and fresh cherry tomatoes.
A couple of years ago I discovered that gluten was wreaking havoc on my body. The more bread, pastries, and pasta I ate, the worse I felt. I was pretty devastated when I finally accepted a new world without gluten. I LOVED bread and all the wonderful other glutinous foods in the world.
How would I live my life without gluten?
And while I do still occasionally indulge, I have happily found that eating gluten free does not have to be difficult.
At the cost of being slightly more intentional with what I eat, I feel so much better! I have more energy, I feel less bloated, and my skin glows. Because of the benefits I have discovered when eating gluten free, I have worked hard to make My Darling Vegan a gluten free resource for those of you in similar situations.
I know many of you struggle with gluten intolerance and for that reason, I’ve got something today that I think you’re going to love.
Recommended Ingredients & Equipment
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Mission Gluten-Free Tortillas – Any flour tortilla will do but if you’re wanting a gluten-free option, I highly recommend Mission Gluten Free Soft Taco Tortillas. Read more about it below.
- Hot Pepper Sauce - I recommend Frank's Red Hot
- Vegan Butter- Look for a high-quality non-hydrogenated vegan butter. I recommend either Earth Balance or Miyoko’s.
- White Vinegar
- Romaine Lettuce
- Vegan Ranch Dressing - Either homemade or store bought.
- Tomato - Use either a Roma or steak tomato.
Check out the full list of my recommended kitchen tools and gadgets.
Mission Gluten-Free Tortillas
Mission makes THE BEST gluten-free tortilla available!
Their gluten-free soft taco tortillas are so soft and full of flavor, you won’t believe they’re made without gluten. I’ve been using them almost exclusively since I first discovered these tortillas and the friends and family with whom I have shared meals never guessed they were eating anything other than a regular tortilla.
Among the things I love about Mission Gluten Free Soft Taco Tortillas, they are:
- easy to find – available nationwide at well-stocked grocery stores (look in the tortilla or gluten-free section)
- certified gluten-free
- non-trans-fat and zero cholesterol
- 5g dietary fiber per serving!
- incredibly full in flavor and wonderfully soft and pliable – just like a regular tortilla!
Check out their store locator to find where you can buy these gluten-free tortillas and look for more recipes.
How to make Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps
This wrap includes oven-roasted buffalo cauliflower, romaine lettuce, avocado, and zesty vegan ranch dressing all wrapped inside a gluten free tortilla for a delicious vegan and gluten free lunch on-the-go.
Step One – Make the Buffalo Cauliflower
To make this vegan wrap, we first start by making the Buffalo Cauliflower. To begin, make the buffalo sauce by combining the red pepper sauce, vegan butter, and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat. While the sauce cooks, break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl. Pour two-thirds of the sauce over the cauliflower (the rest will be added after baking) and toss together until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Transfer the florets to a baking sheet and bake the cauliflower until it is soft and slightly charred. Once the cauliflower is ready, remove it from the oven and toss it with the remaining Buffalo sauce.
Step Two – Make the Salad
While the cauliflower bakes, combine the romaine lettuce and avocado in a bowl. Toss with vegan ranch dressing (homemade or store-bought) and set aside.
Pro Tip: You can also use vegan blue cheese dressing, which is typically the dressing paired with buffalo flavors. However, I find blue cheese dressing to be overpowering in this recipe and recommend ranch.
Step Three – Assemble the Wraps
Now, it’s time to roll! Place your Mission Gluten Free Tortillas on a flat surface. Add a handful of salad. Top with 5-6 cauliflower florets and a few diced tomatoes. Roll the tortilla up tightly and enjoy!
Serving and Storing
Serving - Serve immediately This recipe makes about 6 wraps.
Storing - If you plan on having leftovers, you can store the salad and cauliflower separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to three days. For a grab-and-go lunch, gently reheat the cauliflower and quickly assemble the wrap.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Steaks
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Keto-Friendly Mashed "Potatoes"
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower
Buffalo Cauliflower Wraps
- Preheat the oven to 400. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the hot pepper sauce, vegan butter, and vinegar to a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat until the butter has melted. Remove from heat and set aside to let cool for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Place the cauliflower in a large bow. Pour two-thirds of the Buffalo Sauce over the cauliflower and stir it until the cauliflower is evenly coated. Place it in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the cauliflower bakes, prepare the salad. In a small bowl combine chopped Romaine lettuce and cubed avocado. Toss with vegan ranch dressing and set aside.
- Once cauliflower is cooked all the way through, remove from oven. Toss with remaining Buffalo sauce and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the wraps, place about ⅙th of the salad on the bottom of a Mission Gluten Free Tortilla. Top with cubed tomato and 4-5 cauliflower florets. Roll tightly and repeat until all the filling is used up. Serve immediately.