Light and refreshing, you’ve going to love this zucchini noodle salad. Made with fresh zucchini noodles, tomatoes, corn, basil, and pinenuts for the perfect light vegan and gluten-free summer meal.
It’s time for my last zucchini recipe of the season.
As you know, I am a huge fan of any and all vegan zucchini recipes. Among my favorite zucchini recipes are: Zucchini Noodle Lasanga, Zoodles with Homemade Pesto, and of course, this classic zucchini bread recipe. Oh, all the things one can make with this wonderfully versatile vegetable!
And so, to wrap up the summer, I’ve got one final zucchini recipe for you. It’s a zucchini salad – a light and refreshing meal that can be made in just 10 minutes and is packed with all kinds of late summer veggies that your body will love.
Great taste + great for you. I think you’re gonna love it!
Tips and Tricks for making DELICIOUS zucchini recipes
Before we take a look at how to make this zucchini salad, let’s first talk about all the different ways zucchini can be used in delicious and wholesome vegan recipes. Here are a few of my tips after years of practice:
- Get yourself a spiralizer! These are the most incredible kitchen gadget. They are affordable and so convenient to use. With a spiralizer, you can turn zucchinis into low-carb, gluten-free noodles that are delicious in salads, pasta, and more.
- I also recommend a mandoline. With a mandoline, you can slice zucchinis into super-thin lasagna or ravioli noodles. Since making my first zucchini noodle lasagna last year, my mandoline has become a go-to kitchen tool.
- Try baking with zucchini. Zucchini gives baked goods delicious moisture without affecting the taste. I’ve been baking cakes, muffins, and bread for years with great results. You can use shredded zucchini or puréed zucchini as an egg replacer. Use up your zucchini and get great added health benefits with your sweet treats!
- Grill it! I love grilling sliced zucchini along with my portobello steaks and veggie burgers. Brush a little oil on it and place it on the hot grill for a delicious and simple zucchini side dish.
Now, onto the zucchini noodle salad…
One of the biggest reasons I love this zucchini noodle salad is it gives me another opportunity to use my all-time favorite kitchen gadget – the spiralizer.
Why do I love the spiralizer?
- They are totally affordable. This one that I use is just $19.99 on Amazon!
- Spiralizers don’t take up a lot of room. Perfect for people like me with tiny kitchens.
- They are super simple to master.
- And they turn almost any vegetable into beautiful ribbons or noddles giving you low-carb options for your favorite meals.
Just look at what it can do!
How to make zucchini noodle salad
Okay, this salad is super simple to make. It can be done in four easy steps.
- Spiralize the zucchini
- Add the tomatoes, corn, basil, and pinenuts and toss together.
- Flavor with lemon juice, salt, pepper, vegan parmesan.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
That’s it! A quick and delicious salad that can be made in under just about 10 minutes for a light and refreshing late summer meal.
Best vegan parmesan
As you already know, I’m a HUGE fan of Violife parmesan. This is not sponsored content, I just absolutely love this cheese and their parmesan makes this recipe so much better. I first discovered Violife when traveling around England and, friends, it was the BEST vegan cheese I had ever had. It is creamy, melty, and tastes exactly how I remember parmesan to taste. I find their cheeses at Whole Foods but you can also check out this map to find Violife near you.
If you don’t have access to Violife, you can make your own parmesan or omit it altogether.
Serving and Storing Zucchini Noodles and Pesto
- This meal can be made ahead 2-3 hours before serving. Keep noodles in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve these noodles with fresh bread or vegan tomato soup.
- Leftover zucchini salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Can I substitute the zucchini for another vegetable?
Why, yes you can! Try swapping out zucchini noodles for beet, carrot, or sweet potato noodles. If you have questions on how to spiralize these vegetables, check out this guide to spiralizing any vegetable.
More Vegan Zucchini Recipes
As you know, I love my zucchini recipes! Here are a few of my favorite vegan zucchini recipes.
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters
- Mexican-Style Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Vegan Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
But before you go, make sure to check out this zucchini noodle salad below.
Light and refreshing, you've going to love this zucchini noodle salad. Made with fresh zucchini noodles, tomatoes, corn, basil, and pine nuts for the perfect light vegan and gluten-free summer meal.
Keyword: Zucchini Noodle Salad
Servings: 2 people
Calories: 262 kcal
Author: My Darling Vegan
Start by trimming the ends of each zucchini. Place them in your spiralizer and spiralize according to manufacture's instructions. Place in a large salad bowl.
Toss with tomatoes, corn, pinenuts, and basil. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and vegan parmesan. Adjust to taste.
Serve immediately or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This salad can either serve 2 meal-size servings or 4 side salad servings. Nutrition facts calculated for 2 servings.