This vegan Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry is a spiced Indian Curry made with lentils and cauliflower for a delicious gluten-free and plant-based meal.
I am back at it with another recipe featuring my favorite new vegetable: the cauliflower!
If you’re new, maybe you don’t know how much I’ve been digging cauliflower recently. I mean what’s not to love? Why, it’s
And today, I’m featuring cauliflower again in this delicious and simple Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry. Yum!
This Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry is inspired by one of my favorite recipes in Angela Liddon’s first cookbook, The Oh She Glows Cookbook. After making a similar curry a couple times from her book, I started deviating from the recipe, cutting out some of the vegetables, adding coconut milk, tossing in a few different spices, and after variation upon variation, I ended up with this.
I end up making this, or a variation of this curry about once a week. It’s a quick and affordable meal that makes leftovers for days while filling me up with protein and healthy vitamins and minerals. It requires little effort and makes minimal mess.
That’s my kind of meal, right there!
So, enjoy the flavors of curry and coconut mixed with the taste and texture of red lentils and cauliflower for a delicious, protein-packed, 1-pot weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry
This vegan Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry is a spiced Indian Curry made with lentils and cauliflower for a delicious gluten-free and plant-based meal.Prep Time10 minsCook Time10 minsTotal Time10 minsCourse: Main Course, Main Dish
Keyword: Red Lentil Cauliflower Curry
Calories: 385 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinnIngredients
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower, torn into small pieces
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Fresh cilantro
Nutrition FactsRed Lentil Cauliflower CurryAmount Per ServingCalories 385 Calories from Fat 90% Daily Value*Total Fat 10g 15%Saturated Fat 8g 40%Sodium 723mg 30%Potassium 680mg 19%Total Carbohydrates 58g 19%Dietary Fiber 15g 60%Sugars 4gProtein 15g 30%Vitamin A 8.2%Vitamin C 21.7%Calcium 6.6%Iron 30.2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large cast iron skillet or pot.Once oil is hot, sauté onions and jalapeños for 5-7 minutes, until tender and fragrant. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for another minute or two. Add curry powder and cumin, stirring to coat.
- Once onions are evenly coated, add tomatoes, lentils, vegetable broth, and cauliflower to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until lentils and cauliflower are tender.
- Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve over rice with fresh cilantro