I hope you all had restful weekends that included a little bit of fun adventure. I spent most the weekend working, which is not so bad considering I love my job and because now I get to bring you another easy and refreshing summer salad.
Today I’ve got this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with a Lemon Pepper Dressing. This salad is one of my go-to lunches in the summer because it’s hearty yet refreshing and 100% delicious! I think you’re going to love it, too!
Let’s take a closer look?
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is similar to a Tabbouleh Salad which is made traditionally with bulgur (a wheat grain) and finely chopped tomatoes, onions, parsley, and mint. I love the flavors of Tabbouleh Salad but prefer to eat a gluten-free diet so this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad uses quinoa – a delicious nutty grain that is ALSO complete protein – for a healthier, heartier version.
I also added cucumbers, Kalamata olives, and avocado and rather than mincing the vegetables, I chopped them for a little extra flavor and texture.
To finish it off, I make a simple Lemon Pepper Dressing. It’s got just 5 ingredients. Ready for them?
- Olive Oil
- Maple Syrup
How simple is that?!
So lighten up on these late July day with this refreshing and delicious Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to packaged instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop the parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and olives.
- Combine the ingredients for the Lemon Pepper Dressing and set aside.
- Once quinoa is done, remove from heat and allow it to cool for 30 minutes. Once cool, mix with prepared vegetables and toss with lemon pepper dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter