These Vegan Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats are a delicious and easy grab-n-go breakfast that can be made in under 5 minutes and will have you thinking you're eating pie for breakfast.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This September I've been starting my days off with a wonderful routine.
I wake up early, an inevitable result of years of bread baking and child-raising, and start my day with 30 minutes of yoga.
Because life is full and busy (in the best ways possible), I try and keep several servings of overnight oats in the refrigerator. And ever since last week when I kicked off pumpkin season, I've been a huge fan of these Pumpkin Overnight Oats. Creamy, spicy, and filled with the flavor of the season, they have become an essential part of my morning routine.
Recommended Ingredients & Equipment
These oats are the perfect breakfast. They are creamy, sweet, hearty, and made with ingredients you likely already have on hand. Not only are they delicious, but they can also be made in just 5 minutes in 3 super easy steps making them the perfect breakfast for these long and stressful days ahead.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats –I recommend extra-thick old fashioned oats. You want oats that will keep their shape overnight so that you have a full-bodied texture. Old fashioned oats will also work, but they aren’t preferred. If you are gluten-free, make sure to look for a gluten-free thick cut.
- Non-Dairy Milk – I recommend a mixture of light coconut milk and almond milk for flavor and texture but any non-dairy milk will do.
- Pumpkin Puree - Make sure to get pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Maple Syrup – For a sweetener, I typically use maple syrup. Maple syrup adds a complex flavor without overly sweetening the oats (like some unrefined sweeteners can do). You could also use agave nectar, coconut sugar, or monk fruit.
- Mixins – For texture, I add chia seeds which are considered a superfood for being high in antioxidants and fiber as well as providing energy boosters and natural mood enhancers. You can also add cacao nibs, hemp hearts, or your favorite protein powder. Or you can omit superfood add-ins altogether.
- Vanilla Extract
- Spices - You will need cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- Pecans (optional)
Check out the full list of my recommended kitchen tools and gadgets.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
Step One – Combine the Ingredients
Combine oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, spices, and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir together until well combined.
Step Two – Divide and Refrigerate
Divide the oats into four overnight oat jars. Tightly cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, until the oats have set up.
When ready to eat, top with the desired topping and serve.
Serving and Storing
Let your oats set up at least 4 hours before serving. They are best left to sit overnight. Serve them with chopped pecans.
Store the oats in four separate serving sizes to be enjoyed throughout the week. Overnight oats should be eating within 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Overnight oats should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When making this recipe, I use 8oz Mason Jars with tight-fitting lids.
Overnight oats should be eaten within 4 days of making them.
Yes! You can swap in steel-cut oats for old fashioned oats. To do that, you’ll want to double the liquid in this recipe.
More Overnight Oats Recipes
- Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats
- Strawberry & Cream Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Oats
- Snickerdoodle Overnight Oats
Vegan Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Combine oats, milk, pumpkin, chia seeds, maple syrup vanilla extract, spices and salt in a large bowl. Stir together until well combined.
- Transfer to two 8 ounce mason jars, cover, and place in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, top with pecans and enjoy. Oats can stay refrigerated for up to 3 days.