You're going to love this Wild Mushroom Truffle Pasta. It's crispy sautéed mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes tossed with a creamy pistachio truffle sauce. So good! Finish it with white truffle salt for a delicious and decadent vegan meal.
With so many people now cooking from home on a regular basis, I'm getting a lot more requests for new and exciting weeknight dinners. I get it. I also am getting tired of our weekly routine of stir fry and taco night.
It's time to change things up.
Friends, I have you covered. This Wild Mushroom Truffle Pasta is not only easy (under 25 minutes in one pot!) but so deliciously good, you might just want to add it to your weekly rotation. It's a rich and creamy pasta made with mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes all tossed in a pistachio cream sauce that is so good, you won't believe it's vegan!
Let’s take a closer look.
Not only is this Wild Mushroom Truffle Pasta completely delicious, but it is also made with whole, natural ingredients.
And best of all, it was made with food that was delivered right to my door! That’s right. I got nearly all my ingredients for this recipe from iHerb.
What is iHerb?
iHerb is an online store filled with over 30,000 natural and organic products ranging from home, beauty, food, pets, supplements, personal care, and more.
They carry top-quality brands – ones that you probably recognize – and ship from climate-controlled distribution centers to ensure quality products to over 150 countries around the world!
iHerb has become my go-to one-stop-shop for all my unperishable groceries. Not only do they have everything I want, but also their shipping is fast and their prices are great. This is the place to buy quality and organic staples like vanilla extract, raw nuts, raw cacao, and maple syrup.
iHerb is convenient, affordable, and I am confident that I'll be getting top-quality ingredients.
For this Wild Mushroom Pasta I was able to pick up the following ingredients from iHerb:
- White Truffle Infused Oil
- Organic Dry Roasted Pistachios
- White Summer Truffle Salt
- Organic Kamut Spaghetti
- Karen's Natural Just Tomatoes
The truffle oil and truffle salt ARE incredible and they took this Wild Mushroom Truffle Pasta to the next level!
How iHerb works
Picking out items at iHerb is super easy. Because they only carry the best brands, you don’t have to look through a lot of products to find the good ones. Simply type in what you’re looking for in the search bar and review your selections.
Once you fill up your cart, review it, select shipping and payment methods, and you’re good to go. iHerb offers customer service 24 hours a day/7 days a week in 10 different languages, making it an easy and convenient online shopping experience.
Mini Grocery Haul
One of the best features of iHerb is the Vegan Grocery Section.
I love to shop for many of my non-perishable foods here. By shopping in the vegan grocery section of iHerb, I can grab my favorite snacks and staples without having to spend time reading all the ingredients. And from the comfort of my own home. It's a win-win!
This past mini grocery haul included some of my favorite items such as:
- Uncle Lee's Tea, Imperial Organic Vanilla Rooibos Chai
- Peanut Butter & Co., Old Fashioned Smooth Peanut Butter
- Now Foods, Real Food, Organic Maple Syrup
- Endangered Species Chocolate, Almonds Sea Salt + Dark Chocolate
- Bergin Fruit and Nut Company, Organic Medjool Dates
- Bionaturae, Organic Gluten-Free Pasta
- Simple Mills Naturally Crunchy Gluten-Free Cookies
For these reasons, I highly recommend trying iHerb for yourself.
Customers will get a discount off their iHerb order with no minimum purchase by clicking here.
How to Make Truffle Pasta
Now, onto this pasta dish! As soon as I saw this White Truffle Infused Oil, I knew I needed truffle pasta in my life immediately.
Let's take a closer look.
Step One - Sauté the Garlic Mushrooms
First, we sauté the garlic and mushrooms.
Mince the garlic and chop the mushrooms into bite-sized pieces and cook them on medium-high heat with a bit of truffle oil. Cooke them for 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are dark golden brown and slightly crispy.
Step Two - Cook the Pasta
Add the vegetable broth and pasta to the mushrooms and garlic. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes until the pasta is cooked all the way through and most of the liquid has absorbed.
Step Three - Add the Sauce
Finally, we add our creamy pistachio sauce.
To do this, add the milk and vegan parmesan to the pasta noodles, stirring to fully coat. Once the cheese has melted, stir in the pistachios and sun-dried tomatoes. Once it is cooked all the way through, remove from heat and serve.
To finish, top with a few chopped pistachios, vegan parmesan cheese, and White Summer Truffle Salt.
Serving and Storing
Serve this vegan pasta immediately with chopped pistachios, parmesan cheese, and White Summer Truffle Salt.
Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, gently reheat the pasta over the stove with 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Variations of Truffle Pasta
One of the best things about this recipe is that it's highly versatile. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- I love Eden Food's Organic Kamut Spaghetti. It is high in fiber and made with whole grains. However, you can use any type of pasta.
- Any kind of wild mushroom will do for this recipe. I used shiitake but you can also get a wild mushroom blend or your favorite wild mushroom of choice.
- If you can't find vegan parmesan, you can use 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast instead.
I think that's everything you need to know about making this delicious pasta dish. Let's take a look at the recipe below.
Wild Mushroom Pasta with Pistachio Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoon La Tourangelle WhiteTruffle Infused Oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz wild mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces Eden Foods Organic Kamut Pasta
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2-3 tablespoon vegan parmesan
- 3 tablespoon Eden Foods, Organic Pistachios, crushed
- ½ cup Karen's Naturals, Just Tomatoes, chopped and packed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of McCormick Gourmet, White Summer Truffle Salt
- Add vegetable broth and pasta to the pot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender and most of the liquid has absorbed.
- Once the noodles are cooked, stir in non-dairy milk and vegan parmesan. Add pistachios and sun-dried tomatoes, stirring until heated all the way through and the sauce is thick and creamy. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately with extra vegan parmesan, chopped pistachios, and White Summer Truffle Salt.