Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- fresh blueberries
- chia seeds
- shredded coconut
Serving and Storing - Serve your Acai Bowl immediately! Top with a variety of toppings such as granola, berries, coconut, or seeds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Make sure your bananas and blueberries are completely frozen to ensure the right ice cream-like consistency. To freeze the bananas, peel and chop ripe bananas into 1″ pieces. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet. When frozen all the way through transfer the banana pieces to a ziplock bag. Return to the freezer and store for up to three months. When ready to use, just toss them in your blender with the rest of your smoothie ingredients.
- Make sure to blend your ingredients until they are completely smooth. If your smoothie bowl is too thick, add additional coconut milk, 2 tablespoons at a time, until you have a pourable consistency.
- Freeze leftover smoothie in popsicle molds for a healthy midday snack.
- Can I use something other than bananas? Yes! If you want a banana-free option, substitute ½ cup silken tofu.
- Can I use something other than coconut milk? For sure! Any non-dairy milk will do. Go for something thick and neutral-flavored. I also recommend reducing the milk by a few tablespoons as most non-dairy milk is thinner than coconut milk.
- Can I make this into a smoothie? For sure! Just add an additional ¼-1/2 cup coconut water to make your smoothie drinkable.
Calories: 746kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 1138mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 3599IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 205mg | Iron: 8mg