Vegetable Stir Fry
- 8 ounces Udon noodles
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
In a pot add 6 cups of boiling water and cook the noodles according to the package directions. Note: this will vary significantly depending on the kidn of noodle you use. Drain and set aside.
While the noodles cook, make the sauce. In a small jar combine the cornflour and soy and whisk together until all the lumps are gone. Add remaining sauce ingredients and shake until well mixed. Set aside.
Slice and prepare the vegetables. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the minced garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers and broccoli. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Add the cooked noodles, spinach, and all of the sauce over the top of the veggies. Toss and cook for another 1 minute or until the spinach has wilted and the sauce is incorporated throughout. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Serving and Storing – Sprinkle with sliced green onions and enjoy! Serve immediately for lunch or dinner. You can store this vegan noodle stir fry in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- This recipe is very versatile. Feel free to swap out different vegetables. Snap peas, edamame, and zucchini all make great alternatives/additions. I also recommend trying this recipe with my Thai Peanut Sauce.
- Cook your noodles to al dente.Udon noodles typically take less time to cook than pasta. Make sure to keep an eye on them to prevent them from getting mushy.
- For a gluten-free option, you can easily swap out the soy sauce for Tamari and consider using brown rice noodles in place of udon noodles.
- For a grain-free option, consider swapping out the noodles for zucchini noodles.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1704mg | Potassium: 335mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2075IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg