- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
Red Wine Vinegar Dressing
Begin by combining the ingredients for the homemade red wine vinegar salad dressing. in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, shake until well combined. Alternatively, you can combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined and smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Chop and prepare your vegetables. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Add the chickpeas and all the vegetables (cucumber, avocado, tomatoes, green onion, and parsley) to a bowl. Stir together. Toss with the salad dressing and serve immediately.
Serving and Storing –Serve it immediately or place it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. If you are going to be serving this salad later in the day, wait to add the avocado until just before serving. Otherwise, the avocado will get brown and slimy. Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Variations - Looking for a keto-friendy option? Swap out canned chickpeas for roasted cauliflower florets or cubed eggplant.
- Feel free to add vegan feta cheese to this Greek chickpea salad for an extra round of flavor. I highly recommend Violife feta. If you don’t have access to Violife, you can make homemade feta.
- Don’t add the avocado until you are ready to serve. Avocados brown easily and can affect the taste of this salad.
Calories: 241kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 688IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg