- 4 cups loosely packed mixed greens, I like to use a blend of spinach and arugula
- 1 cup microgreens
- ¼ cup parsley chopped
- ¾ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon vegan feta, homemade or storebought
Begin by making the Green Goddess Dressing according to these instructions. Set aside.
Fill a medium-sized sauté pan with enough water to just cover the bottom. Place over medium heat and add the asparagus. Gently steam it for 5 minutes until the asparagus is vibrant green and tender. Transfer it to an ice bath to stop the asparagus from continuing to cook. Set aside to cool.
Combine the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Once the asparagus is cool, add it to the salad along with the Green Goddess Dressing. Serve immediately.
Serving and Storing – Eat this vegan salad within several hours of assembling it. When you are ready to eat, toss it with the dressing and enjoy it immediately. This is a big salad. On its own, it is enough for 2 servings. It will serve 4 if you’re serving it as part of a larger meal. Once assembled, this salad does not store well. It should be eaten within a few hours of dressing.
Variations - For extra protein, feel free to add soy curls, marinated tempeh, or chickpeas
- Do not dress the salad until you are ready to serve. Once the salad is tossed with dressing, it will start to become soggy and lose its crunch.
- Do not make the salad dressing more than 1 hour in advance. Because it is made from avocados, it can easily turn brown and lose its freshness.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 346mg | Potassium: 493mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6505IU | Vitamin C: 60.6mg | Calcium: 247mg | Iron: 4.3mg