Cinnamon Spiced Glaze (optional)
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp. soy milk
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and spice. In a separate bowl whisk together pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Add wet to dry and mix together until the batter is evenly hydrated. Do not overmix.
Pipe the batter into your donut pan, filling the donut molds to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to let them cool completely.
Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the spiced glaze. Dip cooled donuts, tops only, into the glaze and return to a cooling rack to let glaze set up. Alternatively, dip the donuts into cinnamon sugar.
Serving and Storing - Serve donuts immediately as a morning pastry or afternoon snack. Serve with a homemade Chai Latte. Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. They can also be frozen for up to 2 months. When ready to eat, pull them out of the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Generously spray the donut pan before piping in the batter to ensure the donuts do not stick to the pan.
- Take care not to overmix the batter. Overmixed batter becomes tough and gummy.
- For cleanest results, pipe in the batter with a piping bag.
Variations - If you don't have a donut pan, you can turn these into mini muffins. Bake them for about the same amount of time before checking for doneness.
- Can I omit the oil? Sure. If you would like to make any of these recipes oil-free, simply swap out the oil for applesauce at a 1:1 ratio.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free? For sure! For gluten-free doughnuts, I recommend using a 1:1 baking blend.
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 285mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 4776IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg