- 2 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries, divided (you could also use blackberries or raspberries)
- 2 1/2 cups thick gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup + more for topping
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly spray a 7x11 dish. A 9x9 square pan will work as well.
Place the sliced bananas on the bottom of the dish. Top with 1/2 cup of blueberries (or berries of choice) and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the oats, coconut, baking powder, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and chia seeds.
Evenly cover the bananas and blueberries with the oatmeal mixture. Slowly pour the wet ingredients over the oats so that the oats are evenly saturated. You may need to press down on the oats with your hands to fully saturate them.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until top is golden brown and oatmeal is baked all the way through. There should be a slight wiggle to the oatmeal. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with fresh berries, maple syrup, coconut, and pecans.
Serving and Storing -To serve, top baked oatmeal with fresh berries, nuts, and maple syrup. Enjoy as a stand alone breakfast or part of a bigger brunch with a tofu scramble and a Chai Tea Latte. If you have leftovers, tightly wrap the oatmeal and store them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To serve, gently reheat the oatmeal in the oven or microwave.
- Peaches & Berries - Swap out bananas for peaches. Use berries of choice and omit the coconut.
- Chocolate Raspberry - Add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the dry ingredients and an extra 2 tablespoons of maple syrup to the wet ingredients. Swap blueberries for raspberries.
- Banana & Chocolate Chip: Omit the berries and coconut. Fold in chocolate chips before baking.
- Banana Ginger - Add 1/2" fresh ginger, minced or grated into the wet ingredients. Omit the coconut and berries.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 1.8mg