- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ cup corn
- ¾ cup pico de gallo
- fresh lime
In a small bowl crumble tofu to the texture of scrambled eggs. Add nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice and set aside.
In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes until the bell pepper is tender.
Stir in corn and crumbled tofu. Heat all the way through, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in pico de gallo. Serve immediately with toppings of your choice.
Serving and Storing – Divide it between two plates. Top with avocado, lime, and cilantro. Leftover tofu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat the scramble, gently reheat it in a skillet over medium heat or in the microwave until it is warm all the way through.
- Cut your vegetables small. I like to small dice my vegetables so that they aren’t much larger than the corn. This makes every bite filled with the perfect mixture of tofu and vegetables.
- Mix the tofu and nutritional yeast by hand. This helps incorporate the flavors more deeply into the tofu.
- For a more eggy flavor, add a pinch of black salt to the tofu.
Calories: 130kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 23.9mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg