- 1 batch peanut sauce
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts
- juice of one lime
Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a small bowl and whisk together until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and add the rice noodles, stirring to break up any clumps. Let the noodles cook in the warm water for 5 minutes before straining them through a colander. Rinse them under cold water and set aside.
Chop the carrots, bell pepper, and green onions.
Toss the cooled noodles in the peanut sauce. Stir in the prepared vegetables, peanuts, fresh lime juice, and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving and Storing - This salad can be served immediately or made in advance. If you are making it in advance, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Serve this salad with Fresh Spring Rolls or Peanut Ginger Tempeh. Leftover salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days. Leftover peanut sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Tips and Tricks
Variations - Get some extra protein in the mix by adding shelled edamame to the noodles.
- Need to make gluten free peanut noodles? Simply swap tamari or coconut aminos for the soy sauce in the Thai peanut sauce.
- Allergic to peanuts? Swap in chopped cashews and make the sauce with cashew butter. If nuts are entirely out of the question, opt for seed butters (e.g. sunbutter or tahini) and larger seeds (e.g. pepitas) instead.
- Feel free to amp up the heat by adding extra Sriracha or cayenne.
Calories: 371kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 778mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6530IU | Vitamin C: 44.6mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1.5mg