- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, roasted chopped
Maple Balsamic Glaze
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Wash and half the Brussels Sprouts. Thinly slice the onions and mince the garlic. Toss them all together along with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on the outside and tender on the inside.
Stir together balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and set aside.
When the Brussels sprouts are charred along the edges, pull them from the oven and transfer them to a serving platter. Toss with hazelnuts and maple balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
Serving and Storing – Maple balsamic Brussel sprouts are best served warm from the oven. You can store these Brussel sprouts for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. To do this, allow them to cool to room temperature and then place in an airtight container. I don’t recommend storing them with the glaze on them because they can become a bit soggy. Instead, make the glaze fresh when you are ready to serve them.
Reheating – Reheat this dish in the microwave for a few seconds until they are warmed through. Or, you could cover and bake them at around 300 for 5 to 10 minutes until they are warmed through.
Make in Advance - If you want to make this recipe in advance, they can store for about 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator. Just don’t add the glaze or nuts until you are ready to serve the dish.
- Make these ahead to save some time when making a large dinner, just hold off on making the glaze until you are ready to serve them.
- Don’t overbake the Brussels, they can get burned in the oven if you leave them in too long or don’t stir them on occasion.
- Be generous with the glaze. The maple balsamic glaze makes this dish. Do not skimp on it.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg