- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, approximately 2 cups
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley loosely packed
- ¼ cup kalamata olives halved
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- ¼ cup vegan feta
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Using a sharp knife, quarter the cherry tomatoes. Cut the cucumbers into equal size pieces. Dice the onions, halve the Kalamata olives, and mince the parsley.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a big bowl. Toss to combine. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
Serving and Storing - This salad is best served cold. Let it set in the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. This also allows the flavors to marinate. Serve as a light lunch or part of a larger dinner. It pairs well with a Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Steaks or these 4-Ingredient Portobello Steaks. Store the leftover salad in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make in Advance - This salad is best when made 2-4 hours in advance. This allows the vegetables to chill and the flavors to marinate.
- This salad is very versatile. Feel free to add additional ingredients such as avocado, mixed greens, or cooked orzo pasta.
- For an oil free salad, Feel free to simply omit the olive oil. You can add a little extra lemon juice or water if it feels too dry.
- Cut your vegetables similar in size so that they mix and blend well together.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 414mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 897IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg