- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, (or cooking oil of choice)
- ¼ heaping cup red onions, diced
- ½ cup red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- ½ cup zucchini, diced
- ⅓ cup corn, frozen or canned
- 2 leaves kale, de-stemmed and chopped
Place tofu in a bowl and gently break it into pieces with your fingers until it resembles scrambled eggs. Add nutritional yeast, black salt (if using), and salt and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
Heat avocado oil in a large skillet placed over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until translucent and fragrant. Add bell peppers and zucchini and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until vegetables are cooked all the way through. Stir in corn and cook for 1 minute until heated.
Add the tofu mixture to the skillet and stir together, cooking for about 5 minutes until the tofu has heated all the way through. Toss in the chopped kale and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer until the kale has wilted.
Divide between two plates and serve with toast or roasted potatoes.
Serving and Storing – Divide it between two plates. Top with cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper, and vegan parmesan. Leftover tofu can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat the scramble, gently reheat it in a skillet over medium heat or in the microwave until it is warm all the way through.
- Cut your vegetables small. I like to small dice my vegetables so that they aren't much larger than the corn. This makes every bite filled with the perfect mixture of tofu and vegetables.
- Mix the tofu and nutritional yeast by hand. This helps incorporate the flavors more deeply into the tofu.
- For a more eggy flavor, add a pinch of black salt to the tofu.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 605mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 6990IU | Vitamin C: 122.9mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 1.6mg