- 4 medium red skin potatoes, cut into ¾" pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large red onion, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, de-stemmed and minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, de-stemmed and minced
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Bring a large stockpot of water to boil and add the cubed potatoes. Boil the potatoes for 8-10 minutes, until a fork can easily pierce through the potato pieces. Once tender, strain them through a colander, rinse them in cool water to stop the cooking, and place them in the refrigerator to let them cool.
While potatoes are cooling, dice the vegetables and herbs. Once potatoes are cool, transfer to a large salad bowl. Mix in vegetables and herbs.
In a small bowl combine vegan mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and salt. Once combined, toss with the mayonnaise-based dressing until evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors marinate. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serving and Storing - Keep the salad chilled until ready to serve. When you're ready to serve, remove it from the refrigerator and serve it with your favorite vegan potluck dishes. Store leftover potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Why is my salad oily? Most likely you didn't let your potatoes cool properly before adding the dressing. To ensure the potatoes are properly cooled, rinse them in cool water to stop the cooking and place them in the refrigerator to let them cool. They should be no warmer than room temperature before adding the dressing.
- Baking your potatoes just right is key. To ensure an even cook, don't put your potatoes in cold water. Wait for the water to boil. More importantly, be careful not to under or overcook them. When ready, potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork but not so much that the potato falls apart when pierced. At that point immediately remove potatoes from water by straining the potatoes through a colander and rinsing them in cold water to stop further cooking.
- Before dressing the salad, let the potatoes cool. If you toss a mayo-based dressing with hot potatoes, the mayo will melt and become oily.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 382mg | Potassium: 537mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 22.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1.4mg