- 1 large frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp. hazelnuts, soaked 30 minutes
- 1 scoop Detox Organics Chocolate Superfoods or 1 single packet, (about 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1/4-1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
Drain and rinse the hazelnuts. In a high-powered blend together all the smoothie ingredients until completely smooth. To start, use only 1/4 cup of milk. Add more if necessary but try and keep the smoothie as thick as possible. You want a soft-serve ice cream-like consistency.
Pour into a large bowl and top with desired toppings. Serve immediately
Serving and Storing - Serve your smoothie immediately! Top with a variety of toppings such as granola, berries, coconut, or seeds. Do you have any leftover smoothie? Freeze it in popsicle molds for a healthy midday snack.
- Make sure your bananas are completely frozen to ensure the right ice cream-like consistency. To freeze the bananas, peel and chop ripe bananas into 1" pieces. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet. When frozen all the way through transfer the banana pieces to a ziplock bag. Return to the freezer and store for up to three months. When ready to use, just toss them in your blender with the rest of your smoothie ingredients.
- This smoothie bowl allows for a lot of variation. Substitute hazelnuts for any kind of nut, use your favorite non-dairy milk of choice, and top with your favorite toppings. For best results, add 1 scoop or one packet of Detox Organics to this recipe to give it a rich chocolate taste while providing you with all kinds of health benefits.
Calories: 478kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 1071mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 5mg