Thank you having me over Sarah. Hope you are having a wonderful time with Eden and Nash!
Today, I am bringing a delicious and simple frittata. No soy, no tofu, just beans, broccolini, spices and herbs. Serve it warm with a generous drizzle of Sriracha or a creamy cool ranch or both. Or slice up and make Sammishes.
It makes a great breakfast or even a meal. There is Broccolini, carrots and sun-dried tomato in it. Add more or less veggies to preference. The white beans are spiced up with thyme and lemon. The base is chickpea flour batter. Mix it all up, and bake and done.
More Savory Breakfasts from the blog:
A soy, dairy, and egg free vegetable and broccolini and white bean vegan frittata for a delicious and healthy breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Keyword: Vegan Fritatta
Servings: 8 people
Calories: 208 kcal
Author: Richa Hingle
- 1 loaded cup of chopped Broccolini/Broccoli, 1/4 to 1/2 inch size chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped sun dried tomato
- 1 Tbsp chopped pickled jalapeno
- Other veggies or greens, chopped
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch or potato starch
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour or chickpea flour
- 1 Tbsp flaxmeal
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp each of chipotle pepper powder mustard powder, garlic powder, oregano
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients under Bean feta in a bowl. Mix and mash the beans a bit.(mash atleast half the beans) and let sit till you prep.
- Chop up the veggies and keep ready.
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients of the chickpea batter (all ingredients till baking powder). Whisk well to combine. Add the coconut milk, oil and water and mix to combine.
- Add the chopped veggies, and white beans to the batter. fold in.
- Drop batter onto greased pie pan. Even it out. Top with tomato slices (optional).
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is not jiggly and the edges lightly brown.
- Serve warm with Sriracha/ketchup, with favorite gravy or dressings or in a sandwich.
Allergen Information: Free of dairy, egg, soy, nut, gluten, grain. Can be made corn-free, oil-free.
Richa is the writer, recipe developer & photographer behind Vegan Richa. She used to be a stressed out Software Developer. Now she spends her days in the kitchen, cooking up Indian, fusion, and innovative food and in the home studio, photographing the food. She is currently trying to convince her husband to adopt another pup. Though her utterly cuddly rescue pomeranian Chewie already rules the house.