Eden hates my Vitamix.
This makes it a bit hard to enjoy this awesome machine I finally purchased. It all started with this recipe. Sitting in her highchair enjoying a banana, her peaceful world was suddenly interrupted with the deafening sound of the Vitamix’s SERIOUS motor grinding nuts into butter. In a second her face turned red, tears streaming down her cheeks as she struggled for breath.
The next time I tried holding her. I turned on the blender, ran into the next room soothing her while she buried deep into my chest. 30 seconds at a time I would sooth her, run back into the kitchen (child in arms), turn off the motor, scrape, scrape, scrape, then repeat the whole process over again. This wasn’t very effective for either the nutella or the child.
We went through a short “cry it out phase” which lasted less than 10 seconds. That didn’t work either.
Now she cries when she sees me washing the blender’s container or wiping down the lid.
I really don’t know what I’m going to do about this.
At least I managed to make this RAW Nutella.
And when I gave Eden a small spoonful it seemed to make up for what will now be known as “The Vitamix Trauma”.
A healthier version of everyone's favorite spread, this raw nutella is made with raw cacao powder and hazelnuts for a quick and wholesome snack.
Keyword: Vegan Nutella
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 102 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- 1 cup hazelnuts soaked for 8-10 hours
- 1/4 cup raw agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tbsp raw almond milk*
- Drain and rinse hazelnuts and place in food processor or high-powered blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Depending on the strength of your blender, this may take 10-15 minutes to get the desired consistency.
- Once the hazelnuts turn into a buttery consistency, add the sweetener, vanilla, salt, and cacao powder and blend until smooth. Slowly add almond milk until desired consistency.
Looking for more sweet raw recipes?
Make sure to check out my raw desserts ebook, In the Raw.