Are you raising vegan/vegetarian children?
If so, I would love to hear from you! Right now many of us are raising a generation of vegans without having the experience of growing up that way ourselves. Often times we lack support from our families and communities. I know for myself, as my children get older, I will be navigating things for which I am unprepared. Will my children feel left out? Will eating different make them insecure? Am I taking the magic out of holidays?
Please join the conversation by sharing your experience of raising vegans to help others make this transition easier. I am looking for contributors to share their thoughts and stories and want to be featured on The Sweet Life. You can fill out the questions below and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org along with any pictures you have of yourself, your vegan family, or food you love to eat!
1. How long have you been raising vegan kids?
2. What has been the hardest part about it?
3. What has surprised you by being way easier than you expected?
4. How do you handle holidays like Halloween? Thanksgiving? Easter?
5. Do your kids know what “vegan” means? Have you educated them about why you choose to eat vegan?
6. If so, what resources have you used?
7. Has your kid experienced any teasing/harassing?
8. How have you handled that?
9. What one piece of advice would you give to other vegan families?
Are you a blogger? Send your social media links my way and I’ll make sure to add them to the post.