These Peanut Butter Protein Bars are packed with nutrient and protein and made with 6 ingredients in just 10 minutes for a quick and filling grab-n-go snack.
Happy New Years, everyone! How’s 2015 treating you so far?
This weekend Jason, the kids, and I came back from a 10 day trip to the midwest where we spent the holidays with friends and family. It was a refreshing and much-needed trip away, but by the end I was eager to get back to the routine and rhythm of life. We returned to Portland early Friday night and spent the weekend saying our final goodbyes to Christmas as we took down our ornaments and tossed the tree. Then I went on a mega grocery shopping trip followed by a mega clean-out and reorganization of my pantry and fridge. We spent the rest of the weekend unpacking and deep cleaning for a fresh start in this new year.
Part of that fresh start I so eagerly seek is the cleanse which, I must confess, actually begun on the 3rd as the travel set us back a bit. So far my days look something like this:
- Green Power Smoothie or Hemp Protein Shake for breakfast
- Vegetables & hummus, or these peanut butter protein bars (recipe to follow) for snack
- HUGE green salads for lunch
- Another snack of nuts and seeds
- An assortment of lentils, vegetables, grains, and beans for dinners (which I’ve been posting on Instagram)
- Lots of water all day long
The removal of coffee has been tough the last couple of days, but for the most part I am feeling great.
So these Peanut Butter Protein Bars.
A few weeks before Christmas I got a surprise package from Vega. If you’re unfamiliar with Vega it is a company that makes some of the most delicious and healthy superfood supplements and protein powders and they do so in a sustainable, responsible, and compassionate way. You might remember I featured them a few months back in this Vanilla Raspberry Smoothie Bowl. Well, now Vega is better than ever with their newly adjusted Vega One formula which now contain double the servings of fruits and vegetables and 33% more grams of protein in each serving.
One serving of Vega One contains:
I combined the new Vega One with another one of my favorite protein sources, peanut flour to create a protein bar with over 18 grams of protein for just about 200 calories each. And, thanks to the Vega One, each bar has over a servings of greens as well. These no-bake bars are a perfect snack packed with nutrients and protein and can be thrown together in just a few minutes for on-the-go energy throughout the day.
These Peanut Butter Protein Bars are packed with nutrient and protein and made with just 6 ingredients for a quick and filling grab-n-go snack.
- Line a 8x4 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor combine peanut flour, protein powder, date paste, peanut butter, and salt. Process until well combined and smooth. Add water as necessary. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers.
- Mix in peanuts and transfer to the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top and refrigerate for 30 minutes to harden. Cut into 8 equal pieces and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The amount of water needed will vary on the thickness of your date paste. Add water slowly until you get the desired consistency.
The generous people over at Vega are offering one of my readers a chance to try this new Vega One product for free! Enter below for a chance to win over $100 worth of amazing Vega product.
Contest open to U.S. and Canada residents only
This post contains affiliate links.