Celebrate this year’s harvest with this Kale Pomegranate Salad made with fresh kale, pomegranate arils, hazelnuts, and tofu feta. All dressed in Orange Vinaigrette for a delicious side to your holiday meal.
If you ever wanted to define Oregon in a salad it would be this Kale Pomegranate Salad. A perfect mixture of locally grown kale tossed with dry-roasted hazelnuts, fresh pomegranate arils, and homemade tofu feta, all dressed with a sweet orange vinaigrette.
Yep, you can eat Oregon with a fork.
Before we get to the salad, let’s talk about cheese.
I have couple of vegan cheese recipes on the blog, like my jalapeño cheddar cheese ball and buffalo cheddar cheese but typically I stay away from making my own vegan cheeses because, honestly, they intimidate me a little. Getting the perfect taste and texture is a challenge, for sure. What’s harder is that I’m not even sure what the perfect taste and textures are anymore. After 10 years without cheese, I’ve kinda forgotten how it’s supposed to taste.
However, if you are like me – intimidated by DIY vegan cheese – I’ve got great new for you!
This tofu feta is one of the most straight-forward cheese recipes out there. It requires no overnight fermenting or setting and while I can’t promise it takes exactly like feta cheese (because I really can’t remember what feta cheese tastes like) it is creamy, salty, and tangy and adds the perfect punch to any salad.
Now, back to this Kale Pomegranate Salad.
You’re gonna love the flavors of this Kale Pomegranate Salad: sweet, tangy, creamy, earthy, bitter all mixed up together in every delicious bite. It makes a great side to any meal and would definitely be a welcome addition at your holiday table.
Celebrate this year's harvest with this Kale Pomegranate Salad made with fresh kale, pomegranate arils, hazelnuts, and tofu feta. All dressed in Orange Vinaigrette for a delicious side to your holiday meal.
Keyword: Kale Pomegranate Salad
Calories: 260 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- 4 cups chopped kale, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup tofu feta, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped and roasted
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Drain all the water from the tofu. Crumble into large pieces and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix thoroughly.
- Dry roast the hazelnuts at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and chopped.
- While hazelnuts are toasting, prep the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Toss together all the ingredients of the salad and dress with the Orange Vinaigrette. Serve immediately.