Spice up your cocktail with this Cucumber Jalapeño Cucumber Margarita for a refreshing summer drink with a little bit of a kick.
Since I stepped way out of my comfort zone the other day and brought you some BBQ Jackfruit Tacos, I decided we need a drink to go with the occasion. So today, I bring you one of my favorite summertime drinks: a sweet and spicy Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita.
But before we dive into cocktails, I want to first take a moment to thank each and every one of you who reached out to me after my last post. I found great comfort and love in your words and would like to add “reaching out to friends” to my list of small comforts in the midst of heartache.
Thank you for being a supportive community of people.
Recommended Ingredients & Equipment
This spicy Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita is no joke. It is strong and spicy and citrusy and salty for a drink that will wake up all your senses. If you think you can handle the heat then call up your friends, get out in the sun, kick up your feet, and start sipping away!
Here is everything you need.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- White Tequila
- Triple Sec
- Agave Nectar
- Cucumber – English or Persian cucumbers are the best variety for this cocktail.
- Jalapeño – You can omit this if you don’t want spice.
- Margarita Salt
Check out the full list of my recommended kitchen tools and gadgets.
How to Make Jalapeño Margarita
Step One – Combine the Ingredients
Combine the ingredients a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This allows the flavors of the cucumber and jalapeño to be absorbed into the liquor.
Step Two – Strain and Serve
Strain and pour into 4 separate salt-rimmed glasses. Serve with ice, fresh cucumber, and lime.
Frequently Asked Questions
For sure! In fact, they are a bit better when they are made in advance. Make them early and refrigerate until ready to use. This allows the flavors to absorb into the cocktail.
However, don’t add the ice until you are ready to serve. Otherwise, your margaritas will become watered down.
What to Serve with your Margarita
Are you getting ready for your Cinco de Mayo celebrations? Here are a few more recipes to keep in mind that go perfectly with that spicy margarita:
- Jackfruit Taquitos with Salsa Verde
- Vegan Nachos with Homemade Queso
- Cauliflower Queso
- Restaurant-Style Guacamole
- Black Bean Enchiladas
- Loaded Vegan Quesadillas
More Margarita Recipes
- Raspberry Rhubarb Margarita [Wicked Spatula]
- Fresh Watermelon ‘Rita [Mix That Drink]
- Blueberry Basil Margarita [Domestic Superhero]
- Pomegranate Margarita [The Wicked Noodle]
- Kiwi Margaritas [How Sweet Eats]
- Cantaloupe Margarita [The Wicked Spatula]
- Coconut Creamsicle Margarita [How Sweet Eats]
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
- 1/2 cup white tequila
- 1/2 cup lime flavored sparkling water
- 1/4 cup Triple sec
- juice of 2 lime
- 2-3 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small jalapeño, sliced
- Salt for glass rims
- 4 ice cubes for serving
- Combine the ingredients a pitcher and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. This allows the flavors of the cucumber and jalapeño to be absorbed into the liquor.
- Strain and pour into 4 separate salt-rimmed glasses. Serve with ice, fresh cucumber, and lime.