Sweet and decadent vegan peanut butter cheesecake made with Go Max Go’s Cleo bars and drizzled with chocolate for the ultimate vegan dessert.
Believe it or not, I have a friend who likes sweet treats more than I do.
He is also one of the most impassioned vegans I know – Matt, I’m talking about you. He played a large role in my initial decision to go vegan and hugely helped ease the transition by preparing delicious food (perhaps I should be thanking Susan for that) and staying on top of the hottest new vegan products. And so it was, of course, from him that I first learned about Go Max Go, the ethically-charged, vegan candy bar company that is on a mission to recreate the sweet chocolate bars from our childhood.
When Go Max Go first came out, the availability in Michigan was limited. Thank goodness for Matt, motivated by his love for sweets and his passion to spread veganism, he traveled (more than once) to the nearest store that carried them – I believe it was about 45 minutes away – and stocked up on these precious candy bars. And so shortly after Go Max Go was launched, I was biting into my first Jokerz (think Snicker’s but better) and in that peanut-y, chocolate-y sweet caramel-y bite I saw the future of veganism and knew I was going to be okay.
Since then Go Max Go has grown, reaching to all corners of the country and adding 3 new candy bars to the original 4 offering a total of 7 perfect replicas of your childhood favorites. Besides being 100% vegan, all 7 bar are GMO-free, cholesterol-free, made with no hydrogenated oils or artificial ingredients. Go Max Go has proven chemicals and cruelty not only don’t belong but are completely unnecessary in our favorite chocolatey treats.
The Go Max Go candy bars are:
My favorite being the AMAZING and DELICIOUS Cleo’s peanut butter cup – which is the only vegan milk-chocolate peanut butter cup on the market.
Beyond being a company that makes incredible vegan candy bars, Go Max Go is committed to ethical and sustainable practices, recognizing that compassionate eating extends beyond the ingredients used. Go Max Go has taken great measures to ensure that their ingredients are sourced in such a way that does not cause harm to the farmers that grow the food, the environment, nor the animals that live in those environments.
On their website they address the extremely important issues of fairly sourced cocoa and responsibly sourced palm oil – two very hot topics right now when considering compassionate and sustainable eating. It is these holistically compassionate companies that I stand completely behind and eagerly watch thrive.
As I mentioned earlier, the Cleo’s Peanut Butter Cups are my absolute favorite Go Max Go candy bar. In fact, when I was first introduced to Go Max Go my response was, “these are AMAZING, but where’s the peanut butter cup?” Then a few weeks ago something awesome happened – all 7 Go Max Go candy bars showed up on my doorstep and among them was the long awaited peanut butter cups. I knew that I was going to have to do something special with the Cleo’s (as well as the other 6 candy bars) and so I got to work dreaming up recipes. And thus the Cleo’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake was born.
The best part about this Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake is that it works with several of the Go Max Go bars. Make a Thumbs Up or Jokerz vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake for the same incredible, decadent experience.
Sweet and decadent vegan peanut butter cheesecake made with Go Max Go's Cleo bars and drizzled with chocolate for the ultimate vegan dessert.
Keyword: Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Servings: 16 mini cheesecakes
Calories: 63 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- 1 cup chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted (I used Earth Balance)
- 2 Cleo's Candy Bars, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly spray a mini muffin tin with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a food processor blend cookies until they are a fine crumb. With the motor still running, add the vegan butter and blend until fully incorporated. The cookie crumbs should sticks together when pressed. Spoon the cookie crumbs into the mini muffin tin and press down firmly.
- To make the filling combine all the ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Pipe or spoon the filling over crusts, filling each muffin mold to the top. Bake for 10-13 minutes until cheesecake is mostly firm.
- Remove cheesecakes from the oven and place in the refrigerator or freezer to harden before removing from muffin molds.
- Top with chopped Cleo's Peanut Butter Cups and melted chocolate. Serve chilled.
But wait…there’s more!
The generous people at Go Max Go are offering two (yes, two!) of my readers a full set off all 7 candy bars. Enter below for your chance to win!
Contest open to U.S. and Canada residents only.