This Vegan Breakfast Bowl with Tofu and Kale has everything you need – protein, healthy fats, and the best superfoods to energize you and keep you going all day long.
Today I welcome you into my home while I prepare my new favorite breakfast: this Vegan Breakfast Bowl.
This has been my go-to breakfast/brunch for months. I probably eat this tofu bowl (or a variation on this), at least 2 times a week. It is hearty, wholesome, filling, wonderfully delicious, and I think you’re going to love it, too. So, come on in, take a seat, and let’s talk Vegan Breakfast Bowl.
The first step in this recipe is making that perfectly crispy tofu. Quick recap: high quality tofu, HOT cast iron pan, lots of oil. Got it? Great! Once the tofu is perfectly crispy, we are going to toss it with one of my favorite superfoods – nutritional yeast – for that cheesy, nutty flavor that we all know and love.
Okay, the tofu is sautéing, so let’s chop of that fresh kale. While we chop, I wanna talk about some of the amazing benefits of kale.
One cup of kale has:
- Over 100% of your daily vitamins A, C, and K
- 3 grams of protein
- A signifiant intake of potassium, calcium and folate
- 2.5 grams of fiber
And kale is loaded with powerful antioxidant and beta-carotene. That’s why I love to start my day off with as much of these dark leafy greens as possible.
Once the kale is chopped, you can just throw it in with the tofu and let it cook down a bit. The rest of this bowl is kinda up to you. I like to add my Quick Pickled Cabbage, which I almost always have on hand, a bit of Lemony Cashew Cream, as well as anything else I can think of to sprinkle on top – nutritional yeast, hemp hearts, red pepper flakes, chopped radishes. Pretty much anything goes. It’s the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink of breakfast bowls.
There you have it – the Vegan Breakfast Bowl with Tofu and Kale.
Thanks for stopping by and chatting breakfast bowls and kale benefits. I hope you give this vegan Breakfast Bowl a try. It will fill you up and satisfies all your tastebuds. What better way to start the day?
This Vegan Breakfast Bowl with Tofu and Kale has everything you need - protein, healthy fats, and the best superfoods to energize you and keep you going all day long.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil and let it melt.
- Cut tofu in 3/4" cubes and sprinkle with salt. Once oil is very hot, add tofu. The tofu should sizzle when dropped in the pan. Sauté for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tofu is crispy on all sides. Sprinkle in nutritional yeast and toss to coat.
- Add chopped kale and lower heat. You made need to add 1-2 tablespoon of water at this point to help the kale cook down. Stir occasionally until kale is wilted.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with Quick Pickled Cabbage and toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.