This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Happy Friday, friends!
I’m sure many of you agree that this weekend is most welcome. The last few weeks have been a balancing act of finishing up school, keeping up with work, and raising two little ones. Monday through Thursday is chaos. And then at 5:00 on Thursday I drop off the kids with their dad and the house is suddenly and strangely quiet.
Ah, the weekend.
I’ve got just the way to welcome this weekend. A variation of an old favorite, these BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl will have your tastebuds celebrating the way they should. Better yet, this recipe is made easy by using Success® Tri-Color 100 percent Quinoa, a revolutionary boil-in-a-bag technique that delivers the perfect fluffy texture and nutty flavor in just 10 minutes.
It doesn’t get any easier than that!
What is Success Rice?
Success® Rice started out as the original no measure, no mess, boil-in-bag rice. Each box of Success Rice comes with 4 BPA-free bags of uncooked rice and that’s it; no ingredients added. To prepare it, the rice is submerged in water and boiled in the bags (as you probably gathered) for just 10 minutes.
A perfectly textured, deliciously flavored rice with no mess and no clean-up.
Just this year Success added to their product line with the nation’s only boil-in-bag tri-color quinoa. This, my friends, is a dream come true.
I love this quinoa because:
- It blends white, red, and black quinoa for complete protein.
- Pre-portioned in a BPA-free, recyclable bag
- Cooks in 10 minutes
- A great source of fiber and protein
- Provides the perfect fluffy texture and nutty flavors
Beyond those benefits, quinoa is a superfood containing essential vitamins and minerals, is high in antioxidants, and great food for metabolism. Needless to say, I was very excited to get my hands on this new product.
Ingredients for BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl
In addition to the quinoa, you will need:
HOW TO MAKE BBQ TEMPEH
Most of this bowl comes together very quickly. Other than roasting and chopping, you will need to make your BBQ Tempeh Steaks.
To make the tempeh, cut the tempeh into 1″ triangles. Mix the tempeh with 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce so that they are fully covered. Then transfer the tempeh to a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until brown and fragrant. So so good!
SERVING AND STORING BBQ TEMPEH QUINOA BOWLS
- Serve with avocado, cilantro, quick-pickled cabbage
- Once the bowls are dressed, they should be served immediately. You can make the BBQ and ranch dressing up to 3 days in advance. The tempeh can be made a day in advance.
- Leftover bowls can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
MORE VEGAN BBQ RECIPES
Want some more ideas for vegan bbq? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Korean BBQ Bowls
- Vegan BBQ “Chicken” Sandwich
- Vegan BBQ Bowl with Soy Curls
- BBQ Chickpea Pizza with Homemade Ranch
- BBQ Jackfruit Tacos with Mango Salsa
RECIPES FOR LEFTOVER SAUCES
If you make your sauces from scratch, you will have leftover BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Here are a few of my favorite recipes that use these sauces:
So, celebrate this weekend by making your life just a little bit easier with Success Tri-Color 100% Quinoa and a little more flavorful with this BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl.
This BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl is full of seasoned vegetables, delicious proteins, and fresh flavor for a vegan and gluten-free dinner recipe.
Keyword: Quinoa Bowl
Calories: 506 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- Prepare the homemade BBQ Sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut the tempeh through the middle then cut into 1" squares. Slice diagonal to create triangles. Place the tempeh in a shallow dish and cover with about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Place in refrigerator and marinate for 1 hour. Once marinaded, place tempeh on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and brush with additional BBQ sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Dice the sweet potato. Toss it in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake tempeh and sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Meanwhile, prepare Success Quinoa according to package. instructions.
- Lightly sauté collard greens for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When tempeh and potatoes are cooked all the way through remove from oven and assemble the recipe by layering with quinoa, collard greens, BBQ tempeh, and sweet potatoes. Top with additional toppings of your choice and serve immediately or toss to combine and refrigerate to serve chilled as a quinoa salad.