This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Success® Rice. All opinions are 100% mine.
Happy Friday, friends!
I’m sure many of you agree that this weekend is most welcome. The last few weeks have been a balancing act of finishing up school, keeping up with work, and raising two little ones. Monday through Thursday is chaos. And then at 5:00 on Thursday I drop off the kids with their dad and the house is suddenly and strangely quiet.
Ah, the weekend.
I’ve got just the way to welcome in this weekend. A variation of an old favorite, these BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl will have your tastebuds celebrating the way they should. Better yet, this recipe is made easy by using Success® Tri-Color 100 percent Quinoa, a revolutionary boil-in-a-bag technique that delivers the perfect fluffy texture and nutty flavor in just 10 minutes.
It doesn’t get any easier than that!
Success® Rice started out as the original no measure, no mess, boil-in-bag rice. Each box of Success Rice comes with 4 BPA-free bags of uncooked rice and that’s it; no ingredients added. To prepare it, the rice is submerged in water and boiled in the bags (as you probably gathered) for just 10 minutes.
A perfectly textured, deliciously flavored rice with no mess and no clean-up.
Just this year Success added to their product line with the nation’s only boil-in-bag tri-color quinoa. This, my friends, is a dream come true.
I love this quinoa because:
- It blend white, red, and black quinoa for complete protein.
- Pre-portioned in a BPA-free, recyclable bag
- Cooks in 10 minutes
- A great source of fiber and protein
- Provides the perfect fluffy texture and nutty flavors
Beyond those benefits, quinoa is a superfood containing essential vitamins and minerals, is high in antioxidants, and a great food for metabolism. Needless to say, I was very excited to get my hands on this new product.
The quinoa did exactly as I expected.
In 10 minutes I had a perfectly textured and deliciously flavored quinoa with no mess. I quickly whipped up the rest of this BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl allowing me to relax into my weekend just a little bit earlier.
This BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl with Vegan Ranch are made with baked BBQ tempeh using my homemade BBQ sauce, my favorite quick picked cabbage (have you noticed it’s been on everything recently?), roasted sweet potatoes, and of course, Success Quinoa. This meal can be served warm or mixed up and refrigerated for a delicious BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Salad.
So celebrate this weekend by making your life just a little bit easier with Success Tri-Color 100% Quinoa and a little more flavorful with this BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl.
This BBQ Tempeh Quinoa Bowl is full of seasoned vegetables, delicious proteins, and fresh flavor for a vegan and gluten-free dinner recipe.
Keyword: Quinoa Bowl
Calories: 506 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- 1 bag Success Quinoa about 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1/2 batch homemade BBQ Sauce
- 4-5 collard greens leaves chopped
- 1 large sweet potato skin removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the homemade BBQ Sauce and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut the tempeh through the middle then cut into 1" squares. Slice diagonal to create triangles. Place the tempeh in a shallow dish and cover with about 1/2 cup BBQ sauce. Place in refrigerator and marinade for 1 hour. Once marinaded, place tempeh on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer and brush with additional BBQ sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Dice the sweet potato. Toss it in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake tempeh and sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Meanwhile prepare Success Quinoa according to package. instructions.
- Lightly sauté collard greens for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When tempeh and potatoes are cooked all the way through remove from oven and assemble the recipe by layering with quinoa, collard greens, BBQ tempeh, and sweet potatoes. Top with additional toppings of your choice and serve immediately or toss to combine and refrigerate to serve chilled as a quinoa salad.