I have been on a salad kick recently.
How can you not be in 90-degree weather? Living in an old house without air conditioning makes turning on the oven the last thing I’m going to be doing at dinner time. Which, turns out, is great for both you and me. I get to be making (and eating) all these refreshing summer salads and you get the recipes for each and every one! It’s going to get really light and refreshing up in here for the next several weeks.
First up: Asian Vermicelli Noodle Salad, a hearty and refreshing salad made with vermicelli rice noodles, filled with fresh vegetables, and slathered in spicy gingery peanut sauce. I’ve got two words for you:
Ingredients for Vermicelli Noodle Salad
The ingredients for this Asian Noodle Salad are pretty straight forward. You will need:
What Are Vermicelli Noodles?
Vermicelli noodles are Vietnamese noodles that are similar in width to angel hair pasta. You can also buy vermicelli rice noodles, which is what I recommend for this recipe.
Vermicelli noodles would be located in the international aisle of your local grocery store or you can find them online here.
How to Make Vermicelli Noodle Salad
You’ll be happy to know that this vegan noodle salad is very simple. It’s a matter of preparing your vegetables, cooking your noodles, and whipping up a batch of spicy peanut sauce. Three simple steps!
- Chop and prepare the carrots, cucumber, and bell pepper.
- Cook the noodles until they are al dente
- Blend together the ingredients for the Thai peanut sauce.
Once you have your components, toss it all together and serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Serving and Storing Asian Noodle Salad
- This salad can be served immediately or made in advance. If you are making it in advance, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Serve this salad with Fresh Spring Rolls or Peanut Ginger Tempeh.
- Leftover salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Leftover peanut sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
More Vegan Salad Recipes
In the heat of summer, it is so nice to have hearty salad meals that don’t require turning on the oven. Here are a few of my favorite salad recipes:
- Vegan Cobb Salad
- Thai Cashew Salad with Sesame Peanut Sauce
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Salad
- Vegan Taco Salad
But before you go, let’s take a look at the recipe card below.
This Asian Vermicelli Noodle Salad is filled with fresh vegetables and topped with a spicy ginger peanut sauce for a delicious vegan and gluten-free meal.
Keyword: Vermicelli Noodle Salad
Calories: 371 kcal
Author: Sarah McMinn
- 8 ounces vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Chop and prepare the carrots, cucumber, and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 4 cups of salted water to a boil and add noodles, stirring to break up any clumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Rinse noodles in cold water and set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Toss the cooled noodles in the peanut sauce. Stir in prepared vegetables, peanuts, cilantro, and scallions. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.