Not sure what you think about tofu? These 31 easy tofu recipes will make you fall in love. With so much variation in taste and texture, tofu can be used to make just about any meal a little bit better.
Tofu gets a bad rap.
I’m not sure why, but people love to hate tofu. Some think it’s gross and tasteless. Others say it’s overly processed. And still others argue that tofu is not healthy. While I agree that tofu should not be considered a health food, I have never understood the concern that it is bad for you. There are plenty of non-GMO tofu options out there that are not overly processed, high in protein, and low in calories. But I’m not going to get into a health argument for tofu since My Darling Vegan is not a health food blog, but I do 100% stand behind tofu and I think you should too!
Tofu comes in many different textures and is one of those delightful foods that has the versatility to be transformed into a hearty entree or a creamy custard. It works as egg, cheese, and meat replacers but that’s not all! Let’s take a look at these 31 easy tofu recipes and see if you can find one that makes you want to give tofu a try.
I love tofu for breakfast. Because of it’s variety of textures (silken, regular, firm, extra firm) and neutral flavor, tofu can take on the texture of eggs for perfect scrambles, quiches, and frittatas. Silken tofu can be blended together to create a creamy consistency for french toast or used as an egg replacer in pastries and pancakes.
- Greek Tofu Scramble [My Darling Vegan]
- Vegan Breakfast Burrito [Build your Bite]
- Vegan French Toast [A Virtual Vegan]
- Huevos Ranchers [My Darling Vegan]
- Tofu Fritatta [Dianne’s Kitchen]
- Tofu Scramble Tater Tot Casserole [Veggies Save the Day]
Appetizers & Snacks
Tofu is a great snack food. Bread it and eat it like fries, turn it into a vegan cheese, or blend it into your favorite dip or spread, tofu will take on the flavors around it and provide you with a creamy and delightful texture no matter the occasion. Note when a recipe calls for silken tofu which is often the best option for most creamy dips and spreads.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip [My Darling Vegan]
- Watermelon and Marinated Tofu Feta Skewers [Kitchen Treaty]
- Air fryer Popcorn Tofu [VNutrition]
- Baked Tofu Fries [Food, Pleasure, and Health]
- Vegan French Onion Dip [Very Vegan Val]
- Sriracha Tofu Jerky [Connoisseurus Veg]
Lunch & Light Meals
Tofu makes a great meat substitute, too. I love a big slab of tofu on a BLT or Banh mi sandwich. Or toss it in a sauce and fry it up for delicious wings or fish sticks. This is when you can really start experimenting with tofu and using it’s neutral flavor to make just about anything you please.
- Tofu BLT with Avocado Mayo [My Darling Vegan]
- Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich [Cadry’s Kitchen]
- Buffalo Tofu Wings [VegAnnie]
- Oven-Fried Fish and Chips [Veganosity]
- Sofrita Tofu Lettuce Wraps [Veganosity]
- Vegan Caesar Salad [Plant Power Couple]
Tofu makes an incredible protein alternative for dinner. You can eat tofu like a steak, mix it up and turn it into meatballs, or gently pan fry it and toss it in your favorite sauce. Tofu provides a healthy amount of protein that will fill you up without many calories and zero cholesterol. The perfect protein!
- Pan-Fried Tofu with Peanut Sauce [My Darling Vegan]
- Meatless Lasagna [Vegan Heaven]
- Beet and Spinach Tart [Contentedness Cooking]
- Ginger Glazed Tofu Meatballs [Connoisseurus Veg]
- Vegan Stuffed Jumbo Shells with Spinach [Nora Cooks]
- Orange Glazed Tofu [Veggie Society]
- Tofu Bolognese [It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken]
Sweets & Treats
Did you know you can even eat tofu for dessert? Silken tofu has a creamy consistency that can be blended with flavors and turned into puddings, custards, pies, ice cream, and so much more. It works as a binder and thickener similar to eggs. Make sure when you’re using tofu for dessert, you’ll always grabbing silken tofu.
- Chocolate Chai Pot de Creme [Evergreen Kitchen]
- Meyer Lemon Bars [My Darling Vegan]
- Lemon Mousse [SunnysideHanne]
- French Silk Pie [The Unconventional Baker]
- Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding [My Darling Vegan]
- Banana Peanut Butter Protein Pudding [Abbey’s Kitchen]