Last month we were cleansing hard, right?
Now we are switching gears for the next week and a half to focus on the holiday of decadence. That’s right, Valentine’s Day is coming up and we are going to celebrate with all things chocolate. I’m super excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes I’ve ever made later this week (you’ll just have to come back) but before that happens, we’ve got something else to get excited about.
That’s right, it’s vegan Chocolate Chip Muffin time.
Hands down, my most popular recipe on the website is my Blueberry Muffins. You guys LOVE those muffins and that makes me so happy. Since I didn’t want to stray too far from what works, I adapted that recipe to make these vegan Chocolate Chip Muffins. Using simple every day ingredients, this fool-proof muffin is unbelievable moist, perfectly sweet, and filled with chocolate chips in every bite.
A few of the reason I love these muffins and think you will too:
- Super easy to make. They can be throw together in about 10 minutes
- Fool-Proof. No finicky egg replacer or hard to find ingredients.
- Delicious Flavor. Moist with the perfect crumb and a hint of sweetness, plus chocolate chips in every bite!
- Unbelievably Vegan. Share these with friends and you will undoubtedly hear the exclamation, “these are vegan?!”
- Minimal Mess. Easy to make and easy to clean up!
Want to see for yourself? Let’s go!
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
In a small bowl combine the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together then set aside to allow the milk to curdle. This will take about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
Once milk/vinegar mixture is thick and curdled, resembling buttermilk, add the granulated sugar, oil, and vanilla extract, whisking together until the sugar has completely dissolved. Add the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together until dough is evenly hydrated.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the prepared baking sheet so that muffin molds are 2/3rd of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean
Remove from oven and let cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto wire cooling racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- If you can't find vegan mini chocolate chips, regular-sized chocolate chips will do.
This post contains affiliate links.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter