I was making a TLT (Tofu, Lettuce, and Tomato) sandwich the other day, just about to put some avocado on top, when I was struck with a brilliant idea. Rather than putting the avocado inside AND rather than having to use store bought vegan mayo, why don’t I just make an avocado mayo?!
I wasn’t sure if avocado mayo was a thing (turns out it is) but after a little research and some experimenting, I whipped up this.
A vegan Avocado Mayo that is soy-free and oil-free!
And people, it was the best TLT I’ve ever had.
But we will get to that next week…
I’m a huge fan of this Avocado Mayo because it is made with whole, fresh ingredients and it’s completely oil free. Beyond that, it can be whipped together in just about 5 minutes with minimal mess.
And the result?
A easy and delicious condiment that can be used in so many different ways. Other than making the best TLT ever, here are a few other recipes that would benefit from a little dollop of this avocado mayo:
- Burrito Bowls
- Southwest Breakfast Burrito
- Easy Vegan Nachos
- Tofu Kale Breakfast Bowls
- Buffalo Ranch Caesar Salad
With so many reasons to, why wouldn’t you whipped up a batch of this vegan avocado mayo right away!
- 1 large avocado
- ¼-1/3 cup brine from canned chickpea
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt, to taste
- Combine the avocado, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- With motor running, slowly add chickpea brine, stopping to scrap down the sides as necessary. Add between ¼ and ⅓ cup of liquid until the mixture is the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter