Who’s ready for some Christmas Sangria?
I know I am! Earlier this week I submitted a final assignment and in doing so completed my first term of graduate school. It is with a huge sigh of relief that I have begun my much-needed Christmas break.
So, cheers, my friends. Let’s have a drink.
With Christmas quickly approaching and life quieting down, I’m have been finding moments to reflect on this holiday season. After spending most of 2015 in agony, it is with awe and gratitude that I can look back on this year with much joy in my heart.
Among the joys that are filling me up this Christmas are:
- My children, of course, who stretch and challenge me and also bring me so much meaning and inspiration.
- This blog. You people are awesome and returning to My Darling Vegan this year has brought me back to life.
- I have a warm house over my head, and kitchen filled with food, and coffee every morning. What else can you ask for?
I truly have everything a person needs and it’s in these simple, yet profound gifts that make me feel so rich this holiday season. Let’s forgo the commercial clutter that distracts us from life’s simple pleasure and spend our time and energy loving our families and friends this week of Christmas.
And a little bit of Christmas Sangria.
And so a toast.
May you be surrounded by friends and family and filled with life-giving joys and simple pleasures this holiday season.
- 1 bottle pinot grigio
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1/2 cup pear juice
- 1 large blood orange, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 4-5 springs of fresh rosemary
In a large pitcher combine all the ingredients and chill for 2 hours.
To serve ladle the fruit into individual glasses and top with the sangria.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter