I’ve been making a lot of nutrient-dense snack bars lately. There were the copy-cat Larabars, then the raw trail mix bars, and I’ve also made a batch of these bars recently. Besides feeling very satisfied in the snack department, this new granola bar obsession has resulted in tiny amounts of leftover nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, dried fruits, etc.. So last week I went searching for the perfect breakfast cookie recipe, one where I could throw in my remaining tablespoons of pumpkin seeds, goji berries, chia seeds, and cacao nibs. I found all kinds of great recipes worth trying – that I look forward to trying – then I started hearing about 2 and 3 ingredient cookies.
And I was intrigued.
So intrigued that I threw out my original plan to make everything-but-the-kitchen-sink breakfast cookies and made the easiest. cookies. ever.
I did some experimenting with the recipe to come up with what I believe to be the best combo of flavor, healthy benefits, ease, and texture. The result: 4 ingredient Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies. I am calling them cookies but honestly they fall somewhere between a peanut butter oatmeal cookie and warm bites of banana bread heaven – with chocolate. I thought about calling them that, but the title seemed just a little to long for the simplicity of these beauties.
The four ingredients are:
Among the many reasons I love these 4 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Cookies (and you will too) are:
- I had all the ingredients on hand
- I used only one bowl, one mixing spoon, and one baking tray
- They are moist, delicious, and totally healthy
- I feel great about giving these to my toddler
- and she feels great about eating them
Wanna see this recipe in action? Check out the video below.
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1½ cups quick oats
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (or mix-ins of choice)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine bananas, oats, and peanut butter in a bowl and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop bite-sized spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Make sure to grab a copy of my FREE ebook by subscribing to My Darling Vegan’s Newsletter here.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter