This is a sponsored post by REBBL. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine.
Hey friends. Who’s ready for a long weekend?
Me! I am! Me!
It’s been a long couple of weeks over here and your darling vegan is in need of some respite. Which is exactly what I’ll be getting this weekend as I take off to spend a few days with some of my favorite people on the planet – my dear friends from college – with whom, for the past decade, have managed to come together from our respective homes across the country every year to spend a few glorious days in sisterly bliss. That, my friends, is true and lasting love.
But before I head out I’ve got a little Salted Chocolate Sorbet to leave you with.
A little Salted Chocolate Sorbet
Because what is Memorial Day without a delicious and refreshing frozen dessert?
And with this salted chocolate sorbet, you are covered! Rich dark chocolate with the creamy soft texture of sorbet that literally melts in your mouth, this frozen treat is welcome at every backyard BBQ this weekend. Better yet, this recipe is not only totally delicious but a breeze to make with a fool-proof blender method; no ice cream maker required. In fact, I made this recipe both ways, using an ice cream maker and a blender, and discovered that the blender method was the preferred choice for texture and freeze-ability.
Pretty great, huh? But it’s about to get even better…
Beyond being delicious and easy to make, this chocolate sorbet is also loaded with incredible health benefits. I turned to one of my favorite plant-based companies, REBBL, by using their Reishi Chocolate Elixir, enhancing flavor and adding all kinds of good healing herbs to your dessert.
If you don’t remember me talking about REBBL last month, make sure to check out my review. In short, they are an awesome company that makes THE BEST plant-based protein and elixir drinks (seriously, the best) using healthy herbs and roots that nourish the body. Beyond that, REBBL is dedicated to sustainable practices that treat the earth with kindness and respect.
Good to the taste. Good to the body. Good to the earth. This is why I love REBBL.
For this Salted Chocolate Sorbet I used REBBL’s Reishi Chocolate Elixir. Reishi is an medical herb that comes from mushrooms and has been called the, “Divine Mushroom of Immortality” because of it’s many health benefits.
Among which are:
- Immunity Booster
- Liver protection & detoxification
- Heart health
- Healthy aging
All that with your chocolate sorbet? Yes please!
So, enjoy this long weekend with friends, family, loved ones, good food, and a little bit of salted chocolate sorbet!
- 1½ cup water
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 bottle REBBL's Reishi Chocolate Elixir
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Bring water and sugar to a boil and let boil for 1 minute while whisking continuously until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate. Once melted add Reishi Chocolate Elixir. Transfer to a shallow bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Place in a blender and blend until very smooth. Transfer to a 8 x 4 (or similar sized) loaf pan and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer and enjoy immediately.
- Keep extra sorbet frozen at all times as it melts quickly at room temperature.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter