I’ve never been a huge 4th of July person.
Perhaps that’s because I’m not a huge summer person and prefer staying safely indoors away from the hot sun eagerly awaiting to fry my freckled skin. Perhaps it’s because as a morning baker in my previous life and a mom of 2 extremely earlier risers in my current life (we are talking 3:45/4:00a) I am never willing to stay awake long enough to enjoy the fireworks in the night sky. Or perhaps I’ve just never really had a good July 4th barbecue. As a person with almost entirely omni friends, my summer barbecues usually consist of filling up on chips and fruit salad while eating my sad store bought burger heated up an hour earlier on the skillet over the stove.
But really, there’s no excuse. I have plenty of access to sunscreen, I can always take a nap, and there are so many incredible veggie burger options out there that any summer barbecue where I’m not enjoying one is a missed opportunity. It is time, in my 33rd year, to embrace this holiday. The summer sun, fireworks, and weekend full of barbecues is calling my name. And so, in honor of that, I have found you 25 ingenious vegan burgers you can make at right at home that will certainly satisfy. Celebrate this country with me by being kind to it’s soils this weekend and enjoy some heart-healthy, plant-based burgers.
- Spicy Chipotle Burger [My Darling Vegan]
- Cauliflower Hemp Burger [Fruitive]
- Chickpea Zucchini Burger [KiipFit]
- Falafel Waffle Burgers with Mango Chilli Sauce [A Virtual Vegan]
- Smoky Black Bean and Hemp Seed Burger [Noshed]
- Lemongrass Tofu Banh mi Burger [Keepin’ it Kind]
- Beet Burger Sliders with Lemon Garlic Aioli [My Darling Vegan]
- Chickpea Burger with Avocado Mayo [Contentedness Cooking]
- Smoky BBQ Sweet Potato Burger [The Vegan 8]
- Mexican Green Chili Veggie Burger [Minimalist Baker]
- Chana Masala Veggie Burger with Mint Chutney [Holy Cow]
- Buffalo Chickpea Burger [Veggies Don’t Bite]
- Falafel Burger Sliders with Cashew Tzatziki [Will Frolic For Food]
- Kidney Bean and Kale BBQ Burger [Veggie Inspired]
- Thai Pumpkin Black Rice Burgers [Delicious Everyday]
- Potato Fritter Sliders with Chipotle Aioli [Vegetarian Gastronomy]
- Grilled BBQ Portobello Burgers [Strength and Sunshine]
- Mediterranean Chickpea Sliders [Vegan Crossroads]
- Field Roast Fiesta Burger [Fettle Vegan]
- Jamaican Jerk Veggie Burger [Oh My Veggies]
- Pumpkin Seed Protein Burger [Bitter Sweet]
- Pinto Bean Broccoli Lentil Burger [Vegan Richa]
- Pumpkin and Black Bean Sliders with Avocado Hummus [Floating Kitchen]
- Spicy Green Lentil Burger [Vegan in the Freezer]
- Roasted Garlic Artichoke Burgers [Connoisseurus Veg]
Happy 4th of July! What are you bringing to the party this weekend?
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter