Good news! I have yet another mouth-watering review and giveaway for y’all.
Today we’re checking out Artisana – makers of some amazing nut butters, chocolate spreads, and coconut oils. I’ve been buying Artisana‘s coconut oil and butter for awhile now because it’s truly the best I’ve found. Coupled with their inspirational vision for responsible practices and sustainability (more on that in a minute), I am a committed supporter of Artisana. However, of their other products, raw almond butter was the only one I had tried. Maybe that’s why I screamed liked a child on Christmas morning when I found the Artisana box on my front door step filled with a variety of nut butters and chocolate spreads.
Receiving a package like that in the mail is one of the best cures for a rough week.
Artisana is an awesome company, one that makes food that is good for the body, kind to the environment, and supportive of the community. Artisana’s products are 100% vegan, raw, and organic and rely on the tastefulness and health of good quality ingredients without sugar, artificial flavors, or preservatives. Committed to sustainable and local living, Aristana supports small family farms also living out practices that are kind to the earth and the people living on it. It is clear that they put a considerable amount of love and effort into their work and this is seen inside each and every jar.
Artisana carries all kinds of nut butters including pecan (my favorite), walnut (a close second), cashew, macadamia, and almond. Additionally they have a variety of chocolate spreads such as vanilla, black licorice, rose, and strawberry. These come in small on-the-go squeeze packets and I’ll be honest with you, a few of them were squeezed directly from the package into my mouth.
I tossed and turned at night (no, literally, I did) dreaming up recipes to feature these raw nut butters. These chocolate cups were one of the first things I tried. They are perfect for Artisana’s nut butters because you can use any one of their five butters depending on your preference (pecan, you want pecan) and they are so simple to make.
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp maple syrup (or 1/4 cup raw agave)
- 3/4 cup raw nut butter (pecan, walnut, almond)
- 1-2 tbsp agave nectar
- cacao nibs
- sea salt
- cacao powder
- Line a mini muffin tin with 16 cupcake baking cups and set aside.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dark chocolate until smooth. Brush the inside of each baking cup with a thick layer of chocolate. If the chocolate is too thin, let it sit out at room temperature for 10 minutes before brushing. Place the chocolate cups in refrigerator to harden.
- Combine Artisana's nut butter of choice with agave nectar. Spoon about 2 tsp of sweetened nut butter into each chocolate cup. Top with remaining chocolate and any optional toppings.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze all the way through. Remove wrappers once frozen then allow to thaw for ten minutes before eating.
Now’s your chance to get your hands on some Artisana nut butters for free. Artisana has generously offered me a selection of on-the-go squeeze packs to give away to one lucky reader! Enter below for your chance to win.
Giveaway open to United States residents only.
Disclaimer: I was given this product to try but the thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter