Welcome to Virtual Vegan Potluck 2013!
Today marks the 4th Virtual Potluck (the second one I’ve participated in) with 146 bloggers from around the world, each contributing one awesome vegan recipes. From whereever you start, you can scroll through as many blogs as you would like using the “go back” and “go forward” buttons down below and I recommend you do, especially if you are looking for some new, delicious, and vegan Thanksgiving ideas.
If you’ve already been traveling through the Virtual Potluck, I hope your eyes have made room for dessert because I’ve brought you chocolate…
…to be exact.
This Vegan Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake is so rich and unbelievable moist, all because of one very special ingredient: beets. Wait, don’t go running! The beet flavor in this cake goes completely undetected. But don’t take my word for it, take the word of all my friends. I brought this cake to an real-person potluck after the photo shoot and it was gobbled up before I could even hide a piece to take home for my midnight craving.
“It tastes just like chocolate cake.” One friend said to me.
“Yeah. That’s what it is.” I replied.
Are there sweeter words for a vegan baker? I don’t think so. So dig in, give this Vegan Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake a try. It’s perfect for all the chocolate lovers who are ready for something other than Pumpkin Pie at the Thanksgiving Table.
- Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups beet puree (6-7 small beets)
- 1 cup warm water
- ¾ cup apple sauce
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate Ganache
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Place beets in a large pot and cover with about 2 inches of water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until beets are soft and can be easily pierced with a knife. Remove from heat, drain, and allow beets to cool for 15-20 minutes. Once cool enough to touch, remove skins and place in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10" Bundt pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together beet puree, apple sauce, water, canola oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wets to the dries and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer to prepared Bundt pan and bake for about 45-60 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make the Chocolate Ganache place chocolate chips in a small, shallow bowl. Heat coconut milk to a scald (you should see a skin form over the surface). Pour over chocolate chips and cover for 5 minutes. Gently stir together until the ganache is well combined and thickened. Pour over cooled cake and serve.
You may also like:
My Darling Vegan Newsletter